This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

We use the Composite Products plugin, and there is an options style, where we use "Thumbnails" to show the products in our original English language. In our second german language, the option style is set to "Dropdown".

Solution:

I have solved the issue. I had to re-save all the products in the original English language, and after that, the option style was the same in the German language.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by berndK-13 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 8:31 am #4472083

berndK-13

Hi,

we use Composite Products plugin and there is an options style, where we use "Thumbnails" to show the products in our original english language. In our second german language the option style is set to "Dropdown".

The field "Options style" is locked and it says "This field is locked for editing because WPML will copy it's value from the original language." but it doesn't.

Here is a link to a product and if you switch to german you see there are no product photos under the main photo, just the title to choose your wheels.
hidden link

Thank you for your help and kind regards.

August 28, 2019 at 11:05 am #4473721

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site. It seems that the option of thumbnails is copied as a dropdown. Please confirm that.

The Composite Products plugin by SomewhereWarm is officially compatible with WooCommerce Multilingual. https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-composite-products-2/. In our internal documentation, I can see some issues that were reported, but none of them is the issue that you bring. I can see that this plugin has not been tested for almost a year. And I don't have with me the latest version of this plugin. We need to see if the issue can be replicated on a fresh WordPress installation. I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Composite Product plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.

Please let me know when everything is set up and what you have found.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 28, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4474963

berndK-13

Hi Itamar,

I have solved the issue. I had to re-save all the products in the original English language and after that, the option style was the same in the German language.

Thank you.

August 28, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4474969

berndK-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!