Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The translated conditional forms are not working correctly.

Solution: This issue occurs when translate the "value" of the radio button at the wpml -> string translation .

Steps to resolve: - Go to WPML -> String Translation. - Search for the Radio button name. - There will be two values, one for the radio button itself and the other one for the radio button value. - Mark the value as not translated, and test your form again.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Olivier 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
September 15, 2015 at 2:25 pm #704684

Olivier

After upgrade of WP WPML Gravityforms
URL of (my) website where problem appears:
The translated conditional forms are not working anymore
hidden link (Works fine, main language)
hidden link (Does not work anymore - foreign language)
hidden link (Does not work anymore - foreign language)
Nothing change on our site except updates
WP 4.3
WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 3.2.7
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 2.2.6
WPML Translation Management Installed Yes 2.0.5
Gravity Forms Multilingual Installed Yes 1.3.3

and our test version (offline) has not this problem :
WP 4.3
WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 3.1.9.7
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 2.1.4
WPML Translation Management Installed Yes 1.9.11
Gravity Forms Multilingual Installed Yes 1.2.2

Waiting your answer

September 16, 2015 at 8:52 am #705266

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

1. Can you please provide me the WPML Debug Informations? Here are the instructions for this :

2. Please check if the problem still persist when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

3. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

4. You can also check the Chrome built-in JavaScript Console for errors. To open the console go to Menu (Three Bars) > Tools > JavaScript Console

Please paste here any errors that you see in the WordPress debug.log or in JS Console.

Thanks.

September 17, 2015 at 1:02 pm #706651

Olivier

We can not change the template to default (site under DMS)

nothing special in the debug:
---------------------------
Notice: register_sidebar was called incorrectly. No id was set in the arguments array for the "Sidebar Footer" sidebar. Defaulting to "sidebar-1". Manually set the id to "sidebar-1" to silence this notice and keep existing sidebar content. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.) in /htdocs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3622

Notice: Undefined index: rewrite_withfront in /htdocs/wp-content/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/custom-post-type-ui.php on line 284

Notice: Undefined index: rewrite_hierarchical in /htdocs/wp-content/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/custom-post-type-ui.php on line 285
--------------

Nothing in the Console
---
all is accessible at:
hidden link

Please i remain at your disposal
Best regards
Olivier Bourgeois

September 17, 2015 at 1:44 pm #706717

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I was able to go through the form on this page hidden link

Can you please check?

Thanks.

September 17, 2015 at 3:20 pm #706851

Olivier

Hi
soryy i do a test a couple of hour ago to roll back to oldies version of Gravity forms and WPM to verify that the problem was not present (confirmed) and now a place the last versions of the plugins in this order:
last version of Gravity form + oldies WPML -> works
last version of Gravity + last version of WPML -> does not works

I do not make change now and you can see that this is not working again ...

Best regards
Olivier Bourgeois

September 18, 2015 at 7:04 am #707216

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

September 18, 2015 at 8:23 am #707303

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I reported this issue to our 2nd tier support team and they will take a look at it and inform you when there are new informations.

Thanks.

September 22, 2015 at 7:20 pm #709976

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,
This is Ahmed Ibrahim from second tier support.

I can reproduce the issue with a clean installation and latest plugin versions WPML 3.2.7, GF 1.9.13, GFML 1.3.3.

The problem appear only when translating the strings of the Radio buttons, If you already translate them and go to String Translation and un-mark "Translation is complete", the conditions will work correctly.

Let's say I have configured the conditions to display a filed only when I select a specific radio button, when looking at the html structure I found that the hidden fields are exists at the translated forms, but they don't appear when select the related radio button, may be it's a conflict in the JS code, but there is no errors appear, The file which make this happen is : wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/js/conditional_logic.min.js, and I think it comes from a function called "gf_do_action"

function gf_do_action(a,b,c,d,e,f){var g=jQuery(b);if("show"==a)if(g.find("select").each(function(){$select=jQuery(this),$select.attr("tabindex",$select.data("tabindex"))}),c&&!e)g.length>0?g.slideDown(f):f&&f();else{var h=g.data("gf_display");(""==h||"none"==h)&&(h="list-item"),g.css("display",h),f&&f()}else{var i=g.children().first();i.length>0&&(gformIsHidden(i)||gf_reset_to_default(b,d)),g.find("select").each(function(){$select=jQuery(this),$select.data("tabindex",$select.attr("tabindex")).removeAttr("tabindex")}),g.data("gf_display")||g.data("gf_display",g.css("display")),c&&!e?g.length>0&&g.is(":visible")?g.slideUp(f):f&&f():(g.hide(),f&&f())}}

I think it is a compatibility issue, better to consult our compatibility team and will come back to you soon I get their reply.

Best Regards.

September 23, 2015 at 1:31 pm #710590

Olivier

Happy to see that you can see the bug and hope a solution soon because this is affecting all our forms to order our products in foreign language ....

Olivier

September 28, 2015 at 8:31 am #713246

johnP-14

Hello Ahmed,

Same issue over here, we are building a form in English (main language), and the conditional logic doesn't not apply for the Arabic translation and keeps the fields hidden. Hope this will be fixed very soon.

The installed WP and Plugin versions are:
WP 4.3.1
WMPL 3.2.7
GF 1.9.13
GFML 1.3.3

Thanks,
John

September 28, 2015 at 10:06 am #713365

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have found that this issue occur when you translate the "value" of the radio button, when mark it as not translated it works correctly. (see the attached screenshot).

Please try this with the your fields and let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

September 28, 2015 at 1:35 pm #713576

johnP-14

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for the help, your suggestion was helpful. When I deselect the "value" of the radio button or the checkboxes, the conditional logic works fine for the translated form.

Does deselecting the "value" have any negative effects?

Thanks,
John

September 28, 2015 at 1:58 pm #713598

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to hear that it works for you, and I don't think that will have any negative effect, and also I'm consulting our Compatibility team about this and will let you know when get their reply.

Best Regards.

September 29, 2015 at 12:00 pm #714397

Olivier

Yes but it does not work for me !

If i de-select the check box, the next condition does not appear and the title of each condition is not translated ( appear in the main language)

Please could you find a solution because i thing that we have nos other solution to roll back to a previous version of WPML that works

September 29, 2015 at 12:36 pm #714428

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Olivier,

Please make sure that you are deselecting only the filed with the word "value" at the end of it, not all the field appearance.

I was trying to login and test it my self but the login page gives me a white screen, do you see this too?

Best Regards.