Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The translated conditional forms are not working correctly.

Solution: This issue occurs when translate the "value" of the radio button at the wpml -> string translation .

Steps to resolve: - Go to WPML -> String Translation. - Search for the Radio button name. - There will be two values, one for the radio button itself and the other one for the radio button value. - Mark the value as not translated, and test your form again.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Olivier 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
September 29, 2015 at 3:46 pm #714667

Olivier

Hi

the login is working with the private informations provided upper in this thread
I just add you as a translator

Best regards
OB

September 29, 2015 at 5:38 pm #714757

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Olivier,

I think this happened because you haven't correctly translated your forms, please follow the steps in this docs to translate your docs and then try the provided solution :
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Please let m know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

September 30, 2015 at 7:38 am #715060

Olivier

Sorry but this is working fine like this with the oldies version of WPML for more than one year and now not working anymore with the last version...
We will try to solve this status on this dev version of the website but sure it will not change !
And we see that if we add this form again to the translation pipeline, all the actual translations are lost ...
Best regards
OB

September 30, 2015 at 9:29 am #715171

Olivier

Now we have place the status of the translation in German and French to OK and the problem is still here!

Please advise
Best regards
OB

September 30, 2015 at 11:18 am #715275

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

For testing purpose, I have created a new test form called it "Test Condition Form", and I managed it to work correctly on your site through these steps:

- Create the form
- Go to WPML -> Translation Management and send it to translator (only tested with french ) as described here : https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/
- Go to WPML -> Translation and Translate the new form.
- Go to WPML -> String translation and search for the form strings by the form ID.
- Mark the Values as not translated. (see attached Screenshot)

You can view the test form using these links :
en : hidden link
fr: hidden link

So I think the best way now, if to remove the old Conditional form and create a new one following the previous steps and it will work correctly.

Please note that this is a temporary solution as this issues was escalated to the developer, to discuss it and find a final solution, but because I couldn't give you an ETA for that, please try the temporary one.

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.

October 2, 2015 at 7:45 am #716589

Olivier

Hi

We created again a new form from scratch and it works ... (but no way with the old one)

We keep waiting the patch that could definitively solve this issue ...

Best regards
OB

October 2, 2015 at 12:18 pm #716809

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works with you, pleas close this ticket and I will keep you posts with the update.

Best Regards

October 2, 2015 at 12:24 pm #716814

Olivier

temporary solved