Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
December 12, 2019 at 2:42 pm #5116159

guyB-5

I have a website in two languages (Dutch and English). Translation is done via WPML. The form in Dutch has some fields (Delivery cost) with conditional logic. They should only appear when specified countries are NOT selected in the address field above (FYI: these are Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg).

The main language of the site is Dutch, and the form is working fine in Dutch. But in English, the 'Shipping Cost' field stays visible. Even after selecting for example Belgium. Probably because the Conditional Logic is made for "België" and not for "Belgium".

On the forum I found simular topics. The solution was to upgrade the Gravity Forms Multilingual plugin to version 1.5.2, but that is the case on my site.

Below is the link with the form-page. This is already live and functional, so please do not order the book unless you want one. Switching between Dutch and English can be done in the upper right corner of the page.

hidden link

December 12, 2019 at 3:19 pm #5116479

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

December 14, 2019 at 5:34 pm #5130333

Lauren
Supporter

I was able to reproduce this in a clean install. I am checking to see if the format for translating conditional values has changed, and if necessary I will escalate this to our 2nd tier team. I just wanted to send you an update to let you know I am still working on this.

December 16, 2019 at 7:20 pm #5140795

Lauren
Supporter

On your live site, can you please test translating both the Value and the Label for your conditional string? If you don't see the strings, you may need to go to WPML -> Theme and Plugin localization and scan Gravity Forms for strings. Make sure the translation is the exact same for both value and label. Once that is done, does the conditional form work correctly?

December 16, 2019 at 8:22 pm #5140935

guyB-5

Hi Lauren, I'm not sure what to do. I scanned Gravity Forms for strings. I got 2789 new strings to translate (from English to Dutch). So I don't know what strings I have to translate exactly. I already translated two strings with context Conditional Logic (see screenshot). I also translated Belgium to België, Netherlands to Nederland and Luxembourg to Luxemburg. That are the 3 countries I used in the conditional Logic. I also translated Default country to Standaardland. And Show to Toon. That is all I can think off. But it doesn't resolve the problem. I hope you don't mean that I have to translate all 2789 strings?

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-16 om 20.50.42.png
December 17, 2019 at 7:23 pm #5149661

Lauren
Supporter

No, you do not need to translate all of the strings. We can test with just one. However, you should see two values for Belgium, one as the label and one as the conditional value. In the screenshot, I see only the conditional value.

I tried to login and check this but the login previously provided is not allowing me to login. Could you provide me access so that I can take a closer look at your string translation table? I have marked the next reply as private so that you can safely share updated credentials. Thanks!

December 18, 2019 at 7:03 pm #5157697

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for allowing me to login. So the condition works correctly if the Country strings are NOT translated, I have confirmed that. I have also escalated this to our 2nd tier support team for further debugging. I will update here as soon as I have more info.

December 19, 2019 at 8:56 am #5161565

guyB-5

Hi Lauren, I deleted the translation of the Country strings (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg in my case). But it doesn't change anything. The Shipping Cost filed stays visible. Even after selecting Belgium in the Country pulldown.

December 19, 2019 at 2:18 pm #5164085

Lauren
Supporter

Yes, deleting the strings will not resolve the issue. The issue is coming from the fact that the conditional string does not work if it is not the same in both languages. So, in other words, the only way to make it work correctly for now is to translate Belgium to be the exact same, Belgium, in all languages. I have escalated this and will let you know as soon as I have more information.

July 28, 2021 at 5:50 pm #9302377

Lauren
Supporter

Fixed in GFML 1.5.2