This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinM-27 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 10:55 am

martinM-27

I am trying to:

Make conditional logic work on Forms that have been translated

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

The English version produces more fields if the value of any of the options is selected in the 'Enquiry Type' selection box, but in the Chinese version no additional fields are displayed at all.

I expected to see:

The relevant form fields displayed after selecting any option in the Chinese version

Instead, I got:

Nothing

The translation was done by a translator. I suspect that the values have been translated as well as the labels, but I cannot find the translated forms to make the changes (all the links I have tried take me to the English forms).

I have re-submitted the form for translation which allows me to pick it up from the translations queue, but I cannot see how to get to that screen that clearly identifies the label vs the value (the screenshot in the thread I linked to below).

I have read these threads:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/condition-logic-does-not-work-when-translating-a-form/

I cannot see how to get to the screenshot you showed in which the Labels and Values are clearly identified.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/conditional-logic-not-working-after-translate-with-gravity-forms-multilingual/

July 5, 2019 at 11:31 pm #4154129

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. You will need to follow the steps below to make the filter display correctly in the secondary language:

- On the Forms > Forms, click to edit the "Talk to Ruby" form
- On the "Enquiry type" form, check the "show values" options
- Then again you must submit the translation form
- The labels you must translate
- The values must be the same in both languages

By following these steps, please could you verify that the form will be displayed correctly in both languages?

Thank you.

July 6, 2019 at 2:14 am #4154339

martinM-27

My issue is resolved now. The forms are rendering correcctly in both languages.

Thank you!