This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3147918

Maik

Hello.

We use Conditional Shipping and Payments (https://woocommerce.com/products/conditional-shipping-and-payments/) does not seem to be compatible with WPML.

The plugin only works on my main language "german". If I change via WPML to english, the condition fields are empty. If I fill the fields on the english site, the fields on the german site would be deleted. Here you will see the problem in a video: hidden link

The developers from Conditional Shipping and Payments have wrote the following:

The WPML team maintains all integrations in the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin, which is part of the WPML suite. We have no plans to add an integration layer for WPML on our side. For any issue regarding Conditional Shipping and Payments + WPML, please contact WPML support.

If WPML developers can provide a technical explanation of the issue and/or are aware of a small tweak/change we can make to make Conditional Shipping and Payments compatible as well, we'd be happy to consider their suggestions. In the past, we have worked with their development team to help them make WPML compatible with Conditional Shipping and Payments -- and of course, we remain available for any technical questions they may have as they improve their integration.

---

Would you please contact the plugin developers to find a way to make the WPML compatible? Or ss there any workaround, to get it work? The restrictions should be the same in any language.

Kind regards

Maik

January 31, 2019 at 6:44 pm #3149405

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Maik,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

For your kind information, *Conditional Shipping and Payments* plugin is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the Plugins - https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility. It does not mean that this plugin is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

May it will be possible to add it for translation via String Translation. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
3) Look for an option similar to "woocommerce_conditional", or something like that. Here you should find all the strings associated with your plugin options.
4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 4, 2019 at 9:23 am #3156768

Maik

Hello Bigul,

thank you for your reply. But in my video, you will see, that not a missing translation is the problem. The selection of the shipping class will override the settings for all languages. So it is not possible, to select the correct shipping class in the restriction plugin for the different languages. Please take a look at my video.

Is it possible, that you get in contact with the plugin developer (woocommerce). The Conditional Shipping and Payments is a widely used plugin. I am sure, that many WPML users have the same problem.

I hope for a solution. Also a workaround could be accepted.

Kind regards Maik

February 5, 2019 at 9:22 am #3160960

Maik

Hello Bigul,

thank you for setting up the sandbox. I can not reproduce the issue, because in the sandbox I have no possibilty to translate the shipping classes. In the live envoirment on our site, the shipping classes have to be translated for each language (see screenshot).

February 5, 2019 at 5:52 pm #3163205

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 8, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3174975

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

Thank you for the login information. I had a quick check in your Dashboard. I have two more requests for tracking the issue.

a) Please let me know the workflow of WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments plugin on the frontend for a better understanding. Because I am using this plugin for the first time. It will help us to get a clear idea about its exact functionalities and we will not miss anything on your requirement.

b) Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 11, 2019 at 11:58 am #3182697

Maik

Hallo Bigul,

Conditional Shipping and Payments hides different shipping and payment options in the checkout if some conditions are true. In our case, we sell print-books and e-books, which have different shipping-classes. If e-books are in cart, we want for example, that paypal is the only payment option the customer could choose. If the customer comes not from Germany, the only payment options should be "Payment in advance". Does this explanation help?

Yes, you are allowed to copy the site for debugging the issue. You have to make sure that the copy will be deleted after closing the issue.

Kind regards

Maik

February 12, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3190218

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

Thank you for your permission and details. I made a Duplicator copy and working on the issue in my local server. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

I will delete the Duplicator copy just after we close this ticket.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 13, 2019 at 7:24 pm #3195916

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

For your kind updates, as part of our debugging procedures, I have tried to replicate the issue on our sandbox copy. But it is working for me on the fresh installation after the following steps.

1) Translate the Shipping class to English
2) Set price for the Shipping class
3) Set two conditions based on the existing shipping classes
4) Then visit WPML>>String Translation
5) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
6) Choose *wccsp_restrictions_global_settings* option
7) Select *value* field of payment_gateways>>0/1>>conditions>>0 for translation
8) Visit WPML>>String Translation
9) Change the newly added string language to German, because the string language was English
10) Translate the value field to English, I use the English Shipping class ID as translation. We can find it from *wp_terms* database table

Please add one of the following Product to Cart and make sure you are getting expected result or not.

hidden link - Only supports PayPal

hidden link - Only supports Cash on delivery

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 18, 2019 at 11:27 am #3211733

Maik

Thank you for your suggested workaround.

I have followed the instructions in the live envoirment. But the problem still exists. I have recorded a further video. Do you see, what is my mistake?

hidden link

February 18, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3212416

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Bigul is off today, so I am taking care of this ticket, hope that is OK. 🙂

I am unable to exactly pinpoint the issue looking at the video so would you mind providing me login details to quickly check the settings?

Enabled the private reply for you.

Thanks

February 22, 2019 at 1:46 pm #3232624

Maik

Hello Shekhar. Is it possible to wait for Bigul, because he knows the entire circumstances in this case?

February 25, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3239683

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

I am back to this ticket. Please share me the admin credentials for checking the issue further. Maybe there will be some conflict in the translation value.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm #3240689

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Maik,

Thank you for the login information. I made a fresh Duplicator copy and tried a few steps. The WooCommerce Restriction settings are showing the translation for me after the following steps on my local copy. Please try it after a full site backup and let me know your feedback. Check the attached image for more details.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of WooCommerce and WPML plugins
2) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML configuration
3) Add the following configuration in *Custom XML configuration* field

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="wccsp_restrictions_global_settings">
            <key name="payment_gateways">
                <key name="0">
                    <key name="conditions">
                        <key name="0">
                            <key name="value">
                                <key name="0"/>
                                <key name="1"/>
                                <key name="2"/></key>
                        </key>
                    </key>
                </key>
                <key name="1">
                    <key name="conditions">
                        <key name="0">
                            <key name="value">
                                <key name="0"/></key>
                        </key>
                        <key name="1">
                            <key name="value">
                                <key name="0"/>
                                <key name="1"/>
                                <key name="2"/></key>
                        </key>
                    </key>
                </key>
                <key name="2">
                    <key name="conditions">
                        <key name="0">
                            <key name="value">
                                <key name="0"/></key>
                        </key>
                        <key name="1">
                            <key name="value">
                                <key name="0"/>
                                <key name="1"/>
                                <key name="2"/></key>
                        </key>
                    </key>
                </key>
            </key>
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

4) Save the changes
5) Deactivate and reactive WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments plugin

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 4, 2019 at 10:13 am #3267964

Maik

Hello Bigul. Thank you for your help. Unfortunately an update of Woocommerce is currently not possible. I have copied the xml config and reacativated the restriction plugin, but nothing changed. The shipping-classes are not shown on the english restriction setting page. If you think, that is definitely a problem with Woocommerce version 3.5.0, I have to come back later to this issue.