Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Frederick D 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Frederick D

I am trying to: Complete the installation of WPML on a new site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Langauges

Instead, I got: Blank screen and an error message. Following the error message to "Clear language information and repopulate languages" does nothing.

April 4, 2019 at 9:15 pm #3538687

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins disable all the plugins except the WPML.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support click the blue 'troubleshooting' link.

3 - Check the option 'I am about to reset all translation and language data.' and click the blue reset button under the 'Reset' section.

4 - Activate your WPML plugin again from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins settings and try to finish the plugin setup again.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if it fix your issue. Have a nice day.

April 4, 2019 at 9:22 pm #3538695

Frederick D

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!