This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.86 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 9:19 pm #2794337

guyM

I am trying to: Confirgure WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the configure option

Instead, I got: an error page

I can send WP Admin info

October 8, 2018 at 5:17 am #2794779

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Do you see this message, only when you try to activate WPML?
Do not you have this issue with the other plugins activation?

The issue you are facing is unusual.
I think that when some sets of plugins are activated along with WPML the issue must be happening, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Plugin conflict:
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

If you have any caching plugins please delete your site cache and perform the steps above.
And, please update your WPML and other AddOn if you are using older versions.

Please note:
Fundamentally, this error occurs as a result of a security or permissions issue. However, determining the root cause is where things can get tricky.
So this also may help you: hidden link

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 9, 2018 at 1:22 pm #2800146

guyM

(please note the debug information is from another website and not this one. I was forced to add debug information to respond to this ticket. I do not have debug information because the configure option is not working.)

Hello,

I tried all of those and it did not work. The configure WPML option simply does not appear, and when I go to the plugins page to click on the configure link there, it says that error message.

October 10, 2018 at 5:07 am #2802942

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Could you please send us your site login details ? (login link, username and password)
Also, is it ok to disable some plugin for testing purpose?
Generate your site key for the site and let us know that too: https://wpml.org/account/sites/

I am setting the next reply as private. So only you and I can read the next reply.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Configure Error’ is closed to new replies.