This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Flags dissappear from homepage

Solution:Flags dissappear from homepage

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simoneL-7 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2778289

simoneL-7

After installing wpml version 4.0.7 the configuration remain frozen on point number 3 Language Selector.

I tried with different browser, deactivating all the plugins, and using the standard WordPress theme, but the problem still remains.

I have PHP version 7.0.32 and wordpress 4.9.8

October 3, 2018 at 4:08 am #2783486

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

during the configuration if possible right click and inspect the page then view the console tab.

do you see any errors within there ?

Additionally I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

October 5, 2018 at 7:19 am #2789695

simoneL-7

Hi Bobby,
activating wp erroor and debug i see this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Twig_Error_Runtime: No suitable convert encoding function (use UTF-8 as your encoding or install the iconv or mbstring extension). in /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/templates/language-switcher-admin-ui/layout-main.twig:1 Stack trace: #0 /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php(1234): twig_convert_encoding('\xC3\xA8', 'UTF-16BE', 'UTF-8') #1 [internal function]: _twig_escape_html_attr_callback(Array) #2 /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php(1095): preg_replace_callback('#[^a-zA-Z0-9,\\....', '_twig_escape_ht...', 'Alcuni contenut...') #3 /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(462) : eval()'d code(20): twig_escape_filter(Object(Twig_Environment), 'Alcuni contenut...', 'html_attr') #4 /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp in /home/tntlgnch5032/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/templates/language-switcher-admin-ui/layout-main.twig on line 1
October 5, 2018 at 5:19 pm #2791423

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

According to the error above , you do not have the extension "mbstring" installed / activated in your PHP installation.

if possible please contact your server provider to activate it for you

hidden link

let me know your results

October 10, 2018 at 7:30 am #2803199

simoneL-7

I activated mbstring and it's working.
Thank you very much!
Regards