This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The Stripe Gateway plugin is not working on my website.

Solution: The Stripe Gateway did not work even with WPML deactivated. You will need to contact the Stripe Gateway plugin support so that they can get this resolved for you.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by neryG 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 8:17 pm

neryG

I am trying to: Fix Stripe gateway because is causing conflict with woocommerce in a wordpress theme. When I try to click and view a product inside product category, it just go in a infinite loop trying to load the product and it happens to every product.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: no conflicts between woocommerce and stripe gateway

Instead, I got: there is an error in the website that shows there is a problem with Stripe Gateway my site. After disabling the plugin as this ticket suggests https://wpml.org/forums/topic/conflict-with-woocommerce-stripe-gateway/. The problem solved enabling me to see my products but I am unable to use stripe gateway for payments. If I enable stripe gateway plugin for woocommerce the issue reappears again. I want to be able to use stripe gateway without having issues of any kind.

May 9, 2018 at 8:10 pm #2060881

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

Please make sure your website meets the minimum requirements found here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 10, 2018 at 12:00 am #2063666

neryG

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I sent the debug information using this article you provided https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/, but dont know if is the same debug information you need from step 1 to 3 or you need specifically the information using the steps 1 to 3? Regarding the issue it is the same I enable the stripe gateway plugin and the checkout page goes into infinite loop (uploaded picture) I disable the plugin and the checkout page works well but I cant use the stripe gateway (link:hidden link ) and I need your support to know how can it be fixed. I will be waiting for your response. Thank you.

May 10, 2018 at 12:21 pm #2071062

Lauren
Supporter

The debug information that you previously replied is the WPML debug information, which tells me a little bit about your set up. I need the WordPress debug log enabled so that I can see which PHP, if any, errors are thrown when these two plugins are activated together. Please follow the steps in my previous reply, and paste the most recent errors from the debug log in your next reply. Thanks!

May 11, 2018 at 12:08 am #2080495

neryG

Hi,

I already done doing step 1 to 3 and have the log file. Could you please enable again the box to paste the debug info in the debug field provided, so I don't paste the debug info in the general response field. Thank you.

May 11, 2018 at 2:41 pm #2090204

Lauren
Supporter

I have marked the next reply as private. You can paste the error in the main reply which will be only visible to you and I. Thanks!

May 11, 2018 at 7:29 pm
May 14, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2121949

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sharing the debug info. I don't see any errors specific to WPML plugins. I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you don't have a testing environment available and cannot test this on your live site, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

May 17, 2018 at 4:27 pm
May 18, 2018 at 12:44 pm #2189052

Lauren
Supporter

The duplicator package did not install correctly, possibly because you had trouble creating it. I also tried to access your site via FTP and download the files, but when I login all I see is an empty folder. Please zip up your site files and database dump and send to me so I can set up a copy of your site for further testing. You can upload the files to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link to download in the next reply, which is marked as private. Thanks.

May 18, 2018 at 4:47 pm
May 18, 2018 at 4:57 pm #2190749

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the files. I am downloading everything now and setting up your test site. I'll report back here as soon as I have more information.

May 18, 2018 at 5:18 pm #2191112

neryG

Hi,

I am glad you got the files and thank you I will be waiting for your reply hope you can find what is causing the issue with stripe gateway.

May 21, 2018 at 1:50 pm #2201702

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like this issue is not WPML related. I created a copy of your site and found that even with all of the WPML plugins deactivated, you still have the issue where your product pages don't load with the Vitrine theme and the Stripe Payment plugin. I suggest getting in tough with either your theme or the Stripe Payment plugin to see if they can resolve this for you.

If you find there is an issue specific to WPML please let me know and I"ll be happy to continue troubleshooting.

May 21, 2018 at 10:17 pm #2204653

neryG

Hi,

Are you really sure? because before contacting you I contacted the vitrine theme developer and told me that the issue was because of the plugin of stripe and when deactivating the plugin the checkout page loaded just fine. I just want to be sure it is not the wpml plugin before contacting stripe support. Thank you I will be waiting for your reply.