This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4283161

Vincent

Hi there,

We ran into somes issues since several months. We made several updates, but we've never able to solve it.

We are using EDD, and we sometimes have some clients that report some "Server unable to handle your request errors".

This is the issues we are getting in our error_log :

mod_fcgid: stderr: WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 9 for query SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t FROM cuar_icl_translations wpml_translations, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\tJOIN cuar_posts p, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t\tON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t\t\tAND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type), referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t JOIN cuar_icl_translations tridt, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
mod_fcgid: stderr: \t\t\t\t WHERE made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('/var/www/vhosts/oursite.com/httpdocs/releases/20190304043006/public/wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, edd_post_actions, do_action('edd_purchase'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, edd_process_purchase_form, edd_send_to_gateway, do_action('edd_gateway_stripe'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, EDD_Recurring_Gateway->process_checkout, EDD_Recurring_Gateway->record_signup, edd_insert_payment, do_action('edd_insert_payment'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Affiliate_WP_EDD->add_pending_referral, Affiliate_WP_EDD->get_referral_description, edd_get_payment_meta_downloads, EDD_Payment->__get, EDD_Payment->get_downloads, apply_filters('edd_payment_meta_downloads'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPCA_EddWpml::get_translated_payment_meta_downloads, wpml_object_id_filter, SitePress->get_object_id, WPML_Element_Translation->element_id_in, WPML_Element_Translation->maybe_populate_cache, referer: <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

We have a staging site protected via htaccess authentication. I can provide access to it where you can perform any test, disable some plugins, and so on. However, your form does not allow me to provide additional credentials for the htaccess auth.

Thank you for your help.

July 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4283901

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

and we sometimes have some clients that report some "Server unable to handle your request errors".

Can you tell me if you can replicate the issue, meaning that you know exactly what triggers it? Maybe a new translation creation, purchase or something else?

In the meantime, can you update WPML on all its plugins on the site? You can check the latest versions here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

While your debug information shows different, older versions.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 25, 2019 at 10:07 pm #4286171

Vincent

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer.

Sorry, I updated our staging site and gave you the debug log of the main site which was not updated yet.

I've just updated our main site and all the plugins, except one or two.

I'll wait tomorrow, see if the error persists, and will let you know.

How can I send you the debug data privately? Should I create a new topic?

Regards.

July 26, 2019 at 6:04 am #4287731

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'll wait tomorrow, see if the error persists, and will let you know.

Ok. However, more important information would be to know what exactly triggered the issue, after which some debug info should be loaded.

How can I send you the debug data privatel

Do you mean this?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

You can paste it here if you get, you can simply censor any sensitive information such as URLs (if any). We would only need the latest 10-20 lines I imagine, the ones that should appear within debug.log as soon as the site crashes.

There is something to note, though. Are you getting server error 500?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41062714/currently-unable-to-handle-this-request-http-error-500

Because in this case, WordPress debug log will probably show us nothing, but server logs will. Because in this instance, the crash will occur before WordPress even starts loading.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Conflict with EDD’ is closed to new replies.