This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4073471

samisraeli@yahoo.com

Hi,

There is a conflict with elemntor in saving a template.
I spoke with elementor tech support and he said it is under your domain:
Here is what he said:

There are conflicts of Global widgets and display condition at the moment with WPML.

The translation of the templates of the theme builder of Elementor (header, footer, single post templates, etc...) works only when the "display conditions" setting is set to "entire site".
The theme builder compatibility was supposed to be fixed by:
https://wpml.org/he/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/
but this issue with the "display conditions" which does not work when the template is not applied to the entire site is still on.

The translation works only if the footer is assigned to the entire website:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/elementor-new-footer-template-wpml/

We did some adjustments a few months ago to enable WPML to make the necessary compatibilities. Right now it's in their own territory.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

June 24, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4077445

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you please have a look at this thread, starting from this answer of mine?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-templates-do-not-work-june-2019/#post-4065977

I think that this client is reporting the same issue and am still waiting for some confirmation. It looks to be a regression (previously fixed, but has returned).

Let me know if this is the same thing!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 24, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4077803

samisraeli@yahoo.com

I'm sorry I can't understand the user's issue.

Elementor tech support checked my site and said it is your bug.
They asked me to forward the following message to you.
Please escalate this bug to your development department.
Elementor did some adjustments a few months ago to enable WPML to make the necessary compatibility but there are some issues on your side.

And then mention the rest of the details as Shay mentioned below

"There are conflicts of Global widgets and display condition at the moment with WPML.

The translation of the templates of the theme builder of Elementor (header, footer, single post templates, etc...) works only when the "display conditions" setting is set to "entire site".
https://wpml.org/he/2018/07/wpml-4-0-5-with-support-for-elementor-templates-and-global-widgets/
but this issue with the "display conditions" which does not work when the template is not applied to the entire site is still on.

June 24, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4078397

samisraeli@yahoo.com

I created a template for a single page - Hello world and it worked.
Can you speak with elementor team?

June 25, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4084397

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Bruno is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

Before i can talk to the developer team, i must have some details about why is the problem happening, so our developers can check it out and know where to look for.

I ask that you first try to:

- Update all of your WPML plugin to its latest versions. there are several Elementor fixes and i actually believe the problem is happening on your end and not on ours because of the WPML versions.

- Once the plugins are updated, update the page that's giving you trouble, its template and both their translations (a single character + save button will do) and then check them out

- If the problem is still occurring, then disable the plugins and try the above mentioned steps again

Let me know how it goes, because i tried new tests, with different scenarios, conditions, templates, etc and they all worked.

Regards.

June 26, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4093873

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

I checked the site and the template.

the first thing i noticed is:

1) the condition is to show that only on the "Tour Tags" but i don't really know what does it mean. i do know though, that it will not show on the link you sent me, because that's a post, not a tour nor a tour tag

In this case i think you'd have to set the condition to include --> "posts" --> All if you want to see it in hidden link

When i check the actual tour: hidden link
i can somehow see the same template:

title and content on the right, left sidebar on the right column.

The thing is that the left sidebar is empty, but the default sidebar is not, so i'm confused about if it worked or not.

The elementor template, though seems to actually get the content from that page (test by shmulk) because it's a tour tag? it doesn't change if i change "tour tag" to "Tours" which is the custom post type.

That tour is not translated yet (test-by-shmulik) so i don't know about the translations yet but up to here, everything seems to be alright. i just wanted to see if we're on the same page and i'm seeing what i need to see or if i'm missing something? should the post look different if the template existed?

Let me know so i can continue looking further into this issue.

July 3, 2019 at 8:11 am #4132917

samisraeli@yahoo.com

Hi,

I created a tour template.
The condition of the tag is when the tour post is associated to a tag called "English Tour".
For example:
The tour in english language: "Inauguration of the Miqwe (Ritual Bath) Path in Jerusalem:
is linked to English Tour tag.
So the template that I created in elementor should work.
Please see the attached image - en-tour.png.

I suggest you escalate the problem to your dev department.
They should talk with the elementor team.

Thank you,
Sam

July 3, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4136071

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

All the information i've been asking is to gather information so i can send the case to our developers.

I tried to replicate your case on a clean environment but it worked well on my end, no matter what.

Could you replicate your problem in this sandbox please?: hidden link

As i understand you need to create that "tour" post type first. if that comes from your theme, then install your theme in there, but please do not migrate your site in the sandbox site.

Then create a template in elementor and add a condition.

Last but not least, if there are more steps than the ones that i just mentioned above, please let them know to me so i can send them to our developers.

The goal is to have a reproduceable case on a clean and isolated environment that our developers can take a look at.

Regards.

July 3, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4136643

samisraeli@yahoo.com

Hi,

I need elementor pro plugin in your environment to replicate the issue.

Also you didn't gave me your opinion about what elementor tech support told me. If you don't know the answer please escalate the problem to the development team.

"There are conflicts of Global widgets and display condition at the moment with WPML.

Sam

July 3, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4137991

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,
First of all, i added Elementor Pro to the site, so please tell me what you did there so i can check it out, run a few tests and send my findings to the developers if i manage to replicate the problem.

About what the elementor support told you:
The problems with the conditions were first fixed in 4.0.5 but they changed the code so the problem started happening again sometime later (by 4.2.0) but was fixed by 4.2.1 if i'm not mistaken, so it shouldn't happen anymore, but if you say it's happening again, then maybe the problem came back.

You say "The translation works only if the footer is assigned to the entire website"
Is this your case? does the footer need to be assigned to the entire site for the page template to work with the conditions?

I'd greatly appreciate any steps you can provide for me to try to replicate the problem. that will greatly speed up the entire process.

Regards.

July 3, 2019 at 8:53 pm #4138937

samisraeli@yahoo.com

Hi,

Can you activate the license for Elementor pro?
I don't have extra license.

Thank you,

Sam

July 4, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4144027

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

First of all sorry for the late reply.

I asked our team for a licence but they told me that we didn't have any license key because our version is used specifically for (compatibility) testing purposes and not for support or access to their template library.

If you need to add a template, you can export it from your site and import it into the sandbox site: hidden link

the rest of the plugin is already enabled (widgets, for example) and you can use them without issues.

Regards.

July 4, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4145417

samisraeli@yahoo.com

If you don't activate elementor you can't set a condition for the template.

July 5, 2019 at 10:18 am #4150135

Alejandro
Supporter

Our compatibility team got a license key and we activated the plugin. can you try now, please? and please also let me know all the steps you took (they will be useful for our devs to troubleshoot the issue)

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Conflict with elementor – Your code blocks saving elementor template’ is closed to new replies.