Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 22, 2017 at 10:07 am #1464392

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi, Jonathan.

You write: "We didn't want to have a "root page" but that the visitor directly lands on the default language homepage."
So I want to ask you what's holding you from simply using mysite.com as the home page for your English language (the default language of your site)? This way the Gravity Forms issue with multi-files upload will not occur.

I can see in our internal documentation that there was a feature request to use a directory for default language with no root or HTML page. But this feature request eventually was rejected by our developers. It seems that for this issue, you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so, please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

As for the issue of this ticket - GFML File Upload field does not work when 'Use directory for default language' is active - it is still escalated to our developers, and I'll keep you informed here for any news about it.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 21, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4252405

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Changing here the status of this ticket as escalate to developers.