This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Conflict with WPML String Translation, Learndash and PDF Embedder Premium Secure Solution: The PDF Embedder Premium Secure plugin contacted me and gave me the temporary fix while waiting for the next update: PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/pdfemb-blocks.js file. Locate the first line: var _ = wp.__nx; // The _() function for internationalization.

Change it to (note the double underscore after var): var __ = wp.__nx; // The _() function for internationalization.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Guillaume 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Guillaume

I am trying to:
Display a Learndash course page on my admin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the course content

Instead, I got:
only the beginning of tabs

Using Learndash with Astra Pro & Elementor Pro
Actually, I suspect an issue with Elementor as I received a troubleshooting WordPress email mentioning an issue with WPML and Elementor, but unfortunately, I removed it (was in my spams)

Thx!

Best

Guillaume

July 31, 2019 at 7:00 am #4311957

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me your if you're referring to those JavaScript errors showing up in the console log, not allowing you to edit the course content in the back end of the site? Is this happening on the original language or translation or while saving?

Can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated (along with Learndash), as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Nineteen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 31, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4316247

Guillaume

Hi Bruno,
The issue appears as soon as I try to load the course content page.
As you can see on both screenshots, the errors only appear when WPML String Translation is activated.
I already tried to change theme and result is same.
I isolated every plugin and it seems it comes with WPML String Translation and the plugin PDF Embedder Premium Secure.

Cheers

August 1, 2019 at 5:37 am #4318899

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you tell me if you could install Learndash here?
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: Za5Xm44QMgz8

And also this PDF Embedder Premium Secure plugin, set up Learndash in the same way as on your site and showing me how to reproduce - through the course page.

We do not need any other content or anything else - just the plugin. I have installed WPML and other plug-ins on this clean sandbox, you only need to configure the initial wizard in the same way it is on your site.

It seems like a compatibility issue and our archives related to Learndash are quite limited, there are only few cases in our whole archives so I will need to bring this to our compatibility team for further investigation, because I have no solutions at the moment.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 1, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4322565

Guillaume

Hi,
I did what you asked, but didn't manage to reproduce the issue...

In the meantime, the PDF Embedder Premium Secure plugin contacted me and gave me the temporary fix while waiting for the next update:
PDFEmbedder-premium-secure/js/pdfemb-blocks.js file. Locate the first line:
var _ = wp.__nx; // The _() function for internationalization.

Change it to (note the double underscore after var):
var __ = wp.__nx; // The _() function for internationalization.

Pb fixed!

Thanks!

August 1, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4322569

Guillaume

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!