This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 9:58 am #2740493

estherP

Hello, when showing options for connect with translations, if you have 2 different pages with the same name (differents slugs), in the connect with translations options, you can't differentiate which page is which, since search is shown based on page name and not on page slug. There should be a fix here to prevent issues.

Thanks

September 18, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2745279

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @estherp, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Thanks for the report. Do you think we can reproduce the issue on a clean install? We need it to forward to our developers to fix it on a future release

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install with WPML. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in. Please reproduce the issue on this clean install and send us the steps to check it.

All the best,
Diego

September 26, 2018 at 7:25 am #2766133

estherP

The link is unavailable. If you can please activate it again. I'm sorry but I didn't have time.
Thanks

September 26, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2767329

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Sorry, the link expires automatically after 7 days of inactivity. I created a new one here: hidden link

Kind regards,
Diego

September 27, 2018 at 8:41 am #2769809

estherP

Ok i've done what i was telling you in the sandbox.
As you can see, there are 2 sample pages in english
When I create a new page in spanish and connect with translations, the pages are retrieved by name and not by slug, which makes it difficult to make a difference. See screenshot.

Thnks

September 27, 2018 at 5:38 pm #2771411

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks! I'm checking with my team if there is a similar know issue before sending to our developers. I will send a feedback soon.

Regards,
Diego

September 28, 2018 at 11:54 am #2773639

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hello,

I forwarded the issue to our team and received feedback that this issue will not be treated as a bug (bugs require urgent action) because it was considered that this same behavior happens in other situations outside WPML (Woocommerce for example).

We've added this issue to our "Suggested Features" list, where developers will be able to include this feature in a future version of WPML. But we can not estimate when this will occur.

If you need more help just let me know.

All the best,
Diego