This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 11:37 pm #4540513

nicolasF-19

Hi,

I am trying to:
Translate Contact Form 7 with the multilinguale plugin and the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE)

However, when I open the form for translation, ATE only shows me the confirmation email content and an optin text. But all the fields (e.g. [text* your-name placeholder "Votre nom*"]) as well as the confirmation button are considered "shortcodes" and not available for translation.

See screenshot

Here is the form :
[hidden form-type "Demande de contact"]
[text* your-name placeholder "Votre nom*"]
[email* your-email placeholder "Votre email*"]
[tel* your-tel placeholder "Votre téléphone*"]
U bent geïnteresseerd in...
[checkbox service "Formation" "Coaching" "Stratégie" "Recrutement"]
[textarea* your-message placeholder "Votre message"]
[acceptance gdpr-optin]Ik ga ermee akkoord dat BrightBiz contact met me opneemt als onderdeel van zijn privacy voorwaarden.[/acceptance]
[submit "Envoyer"]

Pages :
- source language (FR) : hidden link
- target language (NL) : hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 9:41 am #4543659

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

I noticed that you are using outdated plugins. I would encourage you first to update all the WPML plugins and Contact Form 7 Multilingual.

Here's an article that helps you:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Afterward, try to test this again. But before, make a small change to the original content and then updating it.

Have a look at this article here:
https://wpml.org/2019/02/announcing-contact-form-7-ml/

If you still have the issue, please upload the screenshot the moment ATE opens the form for translation.

Don't forget to take a backup before any changes.

September 12, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4562067

nicolasF-19

Hi,

I updated my plugins. And I made an update in the contact form then open ATE again for translation. It hasn't changed.

See screenshots :
- loading screen
- ATE translation screen : only text of the optin is there and then the content of the confirmation email. But not the form input fields.

Thanks in advance,

September 13, 2019 at 8:10 am #4566379

Andrey
Supporter

Thanks for your feedback. I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible – in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

September 16, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4583213

Andrey
Supporter

Thanks. I'll take a look at this and let you know.

September 17, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4588397

Andrey
Supporter

I have looked at the issue that you faced. Currently, we noticed some issues about how ATE (Advanced Translation Editor) parsing CF7 shortcodes, and we've got a ticket about it. In the meantime, I found a workaround to overcome the problem.

Here's an outline of the steps:

1) Take a backup first;
2) Go to WPML >> Settings and switch to Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor (under How to translate posts and pages);
3) Go to your contact form, edit it and click to translate; The form will be opened in Classic Translation Editor;
4) Translate the placeholders and the needed text; Check the translations on the front end;
5) Switch back to Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor in WPML >> Settings.

Let me know if the help is still needed.