This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 5:45 am #3871257

georgesD-2

I am trying to: translate the contact form 7

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link bottom of the page

I expected to see: contact form 7 translated to French and chines

Instead, I got: collapsed contact form 7 form

REF : hidden link

I referred https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/ for translating contact form 7 but it not working

May 23, 2019 at 7:17 am #3871991

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

1. Could you please update all your WPML package to the latest version?

2. Could you indicate me how you are adding your Contact form shortcode into you main page and its translation?

Best regards,
Andrés

May 23, 2019 at 10:26 am #3873667

georgesD-2

Hi Andres,

Thank for your response.

1. I have upgraded all the plugins in my WordPress backend.

2. I have added the contact form shortcode as per your video ( https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/) also please refer the screenshot(download(2).png and download(4).png).

Still, I have the same problem on my website using WPML, Can you please suggest to me what went wrong.

you can refer the error page URL: hidden link

This is my WPML key: hidden link

Regards,
Manohar Tk

May 23, 2019 at 11:29 am #3874679

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks, Manohar, everything seems right from your side. Let's check if there is a compatibility issue.

On your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML and Contact form 7 plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

I'll wait for your findings.
Regards

May 23, 2019 at 2:03 pm #3876189

georgesD-2

Hi Andre,

I tried these steps as per your instruction

I have installed the twenty sixteen theme and deactivated all the plugins except contact form and WPML. but couldn't work. same issues occur.

please refer the two screenshot attached.

Regards,
Manohar Tk

May 24, 2019 at 5:40 am #3881255

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Manohar,

So far I can't replicate this issue. Thus, there could be a workflow issue or maybe it is related to your site.

In order to advance, I have created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link which will be automatically logged in.
hidden link

Please upload your plugin Contact Form 7 to this test install and setup it the same way as in your website. In this way we can check if this is a compatibility issue.

Please note that we only need your plugin, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

May 28, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3908341

georgesD-2

Hi Andres,
I have uploaded and activated the Contact Form 7 plugin in your environment. Initializing the WPML settings of " Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor" is not allowed due to an error, so the automatic translation is not working in forms. Please check and update. Thanks.

May 28, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3908359

Andrés
Supporter

Hello there,

I have added an email and I was able to activate our ATE. Could you try again?

May 29, 2019 at 5:33 am #3911795

georgesD-2

Hi Andres,
I have tried the automatic translation and got the same result which I had in my site. The English version has the form and the French and Spanish versions displaying the form as broken codes. Check and update. Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 6:40 am #3912115

Andrés
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for your help! 🙂

I cans see it now, however I'm having a weird behavior where sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. Could you please describe step by step how it happens? Once we identify how it is produce, it will be easier for our devs to provide a proper solution. 🙂

Regards,
Andrés

May 29, 2019 at 10:28 am #3914203

georgesD-2

Hi Andres,
I can explain the steps but for clarifications we need chat support. Chat support will be better for communicating and explaining the steps. The steps are listed below.

1. In the WordPress admin dashboard go to WPML->Translation Management.
2. There will be a list of items available for translation. Choose the form by clicking the checkbox of the required form and click "Translate" of the language required in the "Select Translate Option" and click "Add selected content to Translation basket".
3. After the process is completed it will guide you to the "Translation Basket" tab. There you can see the form selected and the number of words WPML will send to translation.
4. Click the "Send all items for translation". After the process is completed, it will provide you the link of "Translation Queue". Clicking it will show the list of translation queue where you can see the current status of the translation in the "Translation Status" tab.
5. Click on the "Take and translate" button at the end of the tab to start translating the form.
6. There you can see the green button on top named "Translate Automatically". On clicking that button it will translate all the words in each tab listed. Click on approve for each section and after approving all the fields click "complete".
7. You can see a demo of the translation as well as the html code. Click "Rebuild" to complete the translation. Once it is done you can check the form on website where you have placed the shortcode the page.

These are the steps I followed and each time it is collapsed when translated. Each time it gives the same result and didn't even a single time it showed the form after translation. Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 10:44 am #3914299

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

I was doing some parallel work in another test site. I finally was able to reproduce it and it is related to using ATE for translating the form.

This translation was done with CTE:
hidden link

This one with ATE:
hidden link

As you can see, our ATE is stripping the code and displaying it wrong. Our developers are now aware of it and they will work in a solution. In the meantime, could you translate your form only using our CTE, then, you can reactivate and continue using ATE.

Best regards,
Andrés

May 29, 2019 at 2:09 pm #3916295

georgesD-2

Hi Andrés,
After using CTE and manual translation it is working fine now. But it requires huge amount of manual work involved. Update me when ATE is ready with working demo.

I got an E-mail from WPML with subject "Job waiting for a translator in ZACK-LOCATION.COM" with email content displayed in HTML code. Can you check and update regarding that. Thanks.

The email content is given below.

<html xmlns="hidden link"><head>

<!-- NAME: 1 COLUMN - BANDED -->
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
body {
height: 100% !important; margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100% !important;
}
img {
border: 0; outline: none; text-decoration: none;
}
.ReadMsgBody {
width: 100%;
}
.ExternalClass {
width: 100%;
}
.ExternalClass {
line-height: 100%;
}
img {
-ms-interpolation-mode: bicubic;
}
body {
-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;
}
body {
background-color: #F2F2F2;
}
@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
body {
-webkit-text-size-adjust: none !important;
}
table {
}
td {
}
p {
}
a {
}
li {
}
blockquote {
}
body {
width: 100% !important; min-width: 100% !important;
}
table[class=mcnTextContentContainer] {
width: 100% !important;
}
.mcnBoxedTextContentContainer {
max-width: 100% !important; min-width: 100% !important; width: 100% !important;
}
table[class=mcpreview-image-uploader] {
width: 100% !important; display: none !important;
}
img[class=mcnImage] {
}
table[class=mcnImageGroupContentContainer] {
}
td[class=mcnImageGroupContent] {
padding: 9px !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageGroupBlockInner] {
padding-bottom: 0 !important; padding-top: 0 !important;
}
tbody[class=mcnImageGroupBlockOuter] {
padding-bottom: 9px !important; padding-top: 9px !important;
}
table[class=mcnCaptionTopContent] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionBottomContent] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionLeftTextContentContainer] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionRightTextContentContainer] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionLeftImageContentContainer] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionRightImageContentContainer] {
}
table[class=mcnImageCardLeftTextContentContainer] {
}
table[class=mcnImageCardRightTextContentContainer] {
}
td[class=mcnImageCardLeftImageContent] {
padding-right: 18px !important; padding-left: 18px !important; padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageCardRightImageContent] {
padding-right: 18px !important; padding-left: 18px !important; padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageCardBottomImageContent] {
padding-bottom: 9px !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageCardTopImageContent] {
padding-top: 18px !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageCardLeftImageContent] {
}
td[class=mcnImageCardRightImageContent] {
}
td[class=mcnImageCardBottomImageContent] {
padding-bottom: 9px !important;
}
td[class=mcnImageCardTopImageContent] {
}
table[class=mcnCaptionLeftContentOuter] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
padding-top: 9px !important;
}
table[class=mcnCaptionRightContentOuter] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
padding-top: 9px !important;
}
td[class=mcnCaptionBlockInner] table[class=mcnCaptionTopContent]:last-child td[class=mcnTextContent] {
}
td[class=mcnBoxedTextContentColumn] {
padding-left: 18px !important; padding-right: 18px !important;
}
td[class=mcnTextContent] {
padding-right: 18px !important; padding-left: 18px !important;
}
table[class=templateContainer] {
max-width: 600px !important; width: 95% !important;
}
h1 {
font-size: 24px !important; line-height: 125% !important;
}
h2 {
font-size: 20px !important; line-height: 125% !important;
}
h3 {
font-size: 18px !important; line-height: 125% !important;
}
h4 {
font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 125% !important;
}
table[class=mcnBoxedTextContentContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
}
td[class=mcnBoxedTextContentContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] p {
}
table[id=templatePreheader] {
display: block !important;
}
td[class=preheaderContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
font-size: 14px !important; line-height: 115% !important;
}
td[class=preheaderContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] p {
}
td[class=headerContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
}
td[class=headerContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] p {
}
td[class=bodyContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
}
td[class=bodyContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] p {
}
td[class=footerContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] {
}
td[class=footerContainer] td[class=mcnTextContent] p {
}
td[class=footerContainer] a[class=utilityLink] {
display: block !important;
}
}
</style>
</head> <body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" offset="0" style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; height: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; margin: 0; padding: 0;" bgcolor="#F2F2F2"> <center>

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%" id="bodyTable" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; height: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; margin: 0; padding: 0;" bgcolor="#F2F2F2">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" id="bodyCell" style="mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; border-top-width: 0; height: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; margin: 0; padding: 0;">
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE // -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" style="mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<!-- BEGIN PREHEADER // -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="templatePreheader" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; border-top-width: 0; border-bottom-width: 0;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" style="mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600" class="templateContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="preheaderContainer" style="padding-top: 9px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<!-- // END PREHEADER -->
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<!-- BEGIN BODY // -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="templateBody" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; border-top-width: 0; border-bottom-width: 0;" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<tbody>
<tr>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600" class="templateContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="bodyContainer" style="padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="mcnTextBlock" style="min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<tbody class="mcnTextBlockOuter">
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="mcnTextBlockInner" style="padding-top: 9px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
<!--[if mso]>
<table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="width:100%;">
<tr>
<![endif]-->
<!--[if mso]>
<td valign="top" width="600" style="width:600px;">
<![endif]-->
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;" width="100%" class="mcnTextContentContainer">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="mcnTextContent" style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Segoe, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 150%; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #606060; padding: 0px 18px 9px;" align="justify">
<p style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #606060; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Segoe, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 150%; margin: 2em 0; padding: 0;" align="left">Dear Alexandre DUBOS,</p><p>There are 2 jobs waiting for a translator:</p>
<p>From English to Chinese (Simplified):</p>
<ul style="margin-top: -20px">

• <a href="hidden link">Link to original document 66</a>: <a href="hidden link">start translating</a>
  • <p>From English to French:</p>
    <ul style="margin-top: -20px">

• <a href="hidden link">Link to original document 66</a>: <a href="hidden link">start translating</a>
  • </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <!--[if mso]> </td> <![endif]-->

<!--[if mso]> </tr> </table> <![endif]--> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table></td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <!-- // END BODY --> </td> </tr> <tr>

<!-- BEGIN FOOTER // -->
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="templateFooter" style="border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; border-top-width: 0; border-bottom-width: 0;" bgcolor="#007492">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" class="footerContainer" style="padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="mcnTextBlock" style="min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
    <tbody class="mcnTextBlockOuter">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" class="mcnTextBlockInner" style="padding-top: 9px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
    <!--[if mso]>
    <table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" style="width:100%;">
    <tr>
    <![endif]-->
    <!--[if mso]>
    <td valign="top" width="600" style="width:600px;">
    <![endif]-->
    <table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;" width="100%" class="mcnTextContentContainer">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" class="mcnTextContent" style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Segoe, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #ffffff; line-height: 125%; padding: 0px 18px 9px;" align="left">
    <p style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #ffffff; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; line-height: 125%; margin: 1em 0; padding: 0;" align="left">You are receiving this email because you have a translator
    account in hidden link. To stop receiving notifications,
    log-in to <a href="hidden link" style="color: #ffffff;">Your Profile</a> and unselect "Send me a notification email
    when there is something new to translate". Please note that
    this will take you out of the translators pool.</p>
    <p style="-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #ffffff; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 13px; line-height: 125%; margin: 1em 0; padding: 0;" align="left">Generated by WPML plugin, running on <a href="hidden link" style="color: #ffffff;">hidden link;.</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <!--[if mso]>
    </td>
    <![endif]-->
    <!--[if mso]>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <![endif]-->
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <!-- // END FOOTER -->
    </td>
    </tr> </tbody> </table> <!-- // END TEMPLATE --> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </center>

</body> </html>

May 29, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3916397

Andrés
    Supporter

Perfect, I'll keep you updated.

About the email, it is hard to read with all the HTML code but I think is the confirmation related to the created translation jobs. Don't hesitate to open a new ticket if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Andrés

February 20, 2020 at 10:30 am #5531747

Andrés
    Supporter

Hola,

¿Podrías actualizar tu paquete WPML a su última versión e intentarlo de nuevo?
    Quedo atento a tus resultados.

Saludos