This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Do I have to use contact 7 multilingual add-on or can I translate the forms in old way like creating I new form for each of the languages?

Solution:

You can use a different form for each page. Even if it is a translation of another page, just paste the shortcode of the other form on the translated page.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dragomanT 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 12:55 pm

dragomanT

Hello,
I sent you the issue yesterday and you fixed by troubleshooting as you explained below.

It was gone but it is here again. I try to follow what you explained but it didn't work.

Can you please help me to fix it again? And it would be nice that you can explain why it happens so that we can solve the problem permanently by a further and additional action.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello,
The contact form 7 forms are no longer listed in admin. When I searched the forum, I saw previously entered issues:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cf7-forms-disappeared-after-cf7-multilingual-plugin-was-installed/

However, I am not sure how the items described in this ticket will be made and how to debug the problem.

The website address is: hidden link

Can you please assist me in the process?

Thanks

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have logged in to your site and went to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting page and pressed below buttons:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

After that, I refreshed the CF7 page and issue is gone as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

September 24, 2019 at 1:51 pm
September 24, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4633881

dragomanT

Hello, I couldnt continue to chat support. According to your mail below, I activated Contact Form 7 Multilingual add-on and repeated the troubleshooting. Unfortunately, the situation is the same.

What would be your suggestion?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear customer,

Ticket "contact form 7 – forms disappeared in admin / again" has been marked as Waiting for user feedback by supporter.

Below is transcript of the chat:

contact form 7 – forms disappeared in admin / again
Itamar : Hi, there.

One moment, please while I read your message.
Itamar : Can you please share with me the link to that ticket from yesterday?
Itamar : This ticket has been inactive for quite a while, so I\'m transforming this chat into a support ticket because I believe you\'re still encountering the problem. You\'ll still be troubleshooting the problem with me, and this way we will not lose any progress made so far.

I believe that that this is the other ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/contact-form-7-forms-disappeared-in-admin/
Right?

Can you please confirm that you are following our instructions at the following link on how to work with WPML and the Contact Forms 7 plugin?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/
Please make sure that the Contact Form 7 Multilingual add-on plugin is active on your site. It must be active for you to be able to work with it and with WPML. When I check the debug info of your site, it seems that this plugin is not active.

Thanks,
Itamar.
The state of this thread is:
Waiting for user feedback

September 25, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4639081

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

If you switch to the English language at the top admin bar then you can see the list of all the contact forms that you have on your site. Please see the attached screenshot.

Other thene that, do you have any problem with translating the forms or showing their translations?

September 25, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4641989

dragomanT

Thank you Itamar,
I have one more question. Do I have to use contact 7 multilingual add-on or can I translate the forms in old way like creating I new form for each of the languages?

Thanks a lot and best

September 26, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4647173

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You can use a different form for each page. Even if it is a translation of another page, just paste the shortcode of the other form on the translated page.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 27, 2019 at 7:43 am #4652071

dragomanT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!