This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aislingC 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 14, 2018 at 6:33 pm #2815770

aislingC

I am trying to: use the same contact form on my (french) translated pages with a [_url] tag in the Subject but it gives me a line of strange code instead of the URL of the page from which the form was sent.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the URL of this page display in my email from the Contact form (click PLUS D'INFO button to see the popup form)

Instead, I got: this code in my Subject - BUILDEX "hidden link" This is the exact same code I see in every form sent form 16 different Project pages in the french version of the website. The English version forms work perfectly

October 16, 2018 at 2:36 pm #2821420

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you try to change your Language URL format from parameter to directories in WPML -> Languages? Sometimes it causes problems with third party plugins so we don't recommend using it.

From what I see, you are using the same form for both English and French pages. Have you tried to translate it? This is our documentation on how to do it: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

October 24, 2018 at 7:26 am #2845158

aislingC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!