This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't see my Contact Forms 7 in the backend list.

Solution: Go to WPML > Translation management > Multilingual content setup and scroll down to "Custom post types" section. Check if "Forms" is set to "Do nothing" (because Contact forms should not be translatable).

More details about using Contact Form 7 with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by caroleZ 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
April 22, 2015 at 4:42 pm #604262

pamelaB

I think it's related to WPML but not 100% certain - we have been creating several Contact Form 7 forms from: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpcf7 but none of recently created ones appear on the list.
But as I can see, all the forms are actually created in the wp_af_posts table! However, when I check the wp_af_icl_translations table, it only counts 8 post_wpcf7_contact_form element_type records created previously (none of the recently created ones are there - since about 2 hours ago).

Any idea?

Many thanks!
Fan

April 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm #604339

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Fan,

Even if Contact Form 7 handle forms like custom post types, it is not supposed to be translated by WPML. I would suggest you to consult this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

The basic strategy is to create a form for each language.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Pierre

April 23, 2015 at 9:31 am #604650

pamelaB

Hi Pierre,

We do create a form for each language, and I have now attached three screenshots which explains well what the problem is:-

wp-admin_cf7_screen.PNG is the screen from wp-admin Contact Form 7 screen - you can see we have been creating forms - it works ok until about 19 hours ago all new forms we created have not been listed on this screen.

wp_af_posts.PNG is the query to find the forms we created are there in the posts table.

wp_af_icl_translations.PNG, however, only recognises the first 8 forms.

Hope this helps,
Fan

April 23, 2015 at 1:02 pm #604826

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Fan,

When you are in the Contact Form listing screen, can you try to switch to another language? Can you see other forms listed?

Can you go to WPML > Translation management > Multilingual content setup and scroll down to "Custom post types" section. Check if "Forms" is set to "Do nothing" (because Contact forms should not be translatable).

Regards,
Pierre

April 23, 2015 at 4:40 pm #605003

pamelaB

Many thanks Pierre. It appears that it was set to 'Translate' and I've updated it now. All works fine.

February 22, 2019 at 9:09 am #3231451

torsten3d

Hi, having the same issue - now in 2019, with latest versions and activated Contact Form 7 Translation Plugin.
One of my two forms isn't visible in backend anymore, but working fine on frontend.

Kind regards
Torsten

March 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3463197

caroleZ

Hi,

Same problem... Did you find a solution ?

Regards,