This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ka-lun-karenC 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 5:51 pm

ka-lun-karenC

I am trying to: translate the contents in contact form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The content in the form to be translated

Instead, I got: the English version of "Email", "Name", "Company" and "Message"

July 4, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4145765

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed your two contact forms have a 'waiting for translation' status from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management settings, which means they are still don't marked as 100% translated and this is why you still don't see its translations in your website secondary language (see attached screenshot). I recommend you to double check our instructions on how to make your contact forms translated at: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/ and make sure its translations are 100% complete and published. Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and details, I am happy and ready to help, have a nice day.

July 5, 2019 at 5:56 am #4147721

ka-lun-karenC

Hi Marcos, thank you very much for your reply.
For my contact form (named contact form 2), I have tried the methods and couldn't find the "Translate" button in WPML>Translation Management>Translation Jobs (see attached). In my page that contained the contact form, I couldn't find columns for me to enter the translation as well (see attached).
I have enclosed my credentials in my submitted ticket and it would be wonderful if you could advise a solution.

Cheers,
Karen
Karen

July 5, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4152293

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed for some reason you didn't have a translator assigned to your website from your Translation Management settings and this is why you didn't see the option to translate your contact forms, in order to fix it and make your contact forms available for translations I took these steps:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translations Management I set a translatior from the 'Translation Roles' tab.

2 - I resent your contact form for translation in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translations Management > Translation Dashboard settings.

3 - Now you should be able to translate your contact forms in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translations settings.

Please, let me know if it helps or if you need any additional clarifications and details. Have a nice day.

July 6, 2019 at 10:08 am #4155599

ka-lun-karenC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!