This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 1:39 pm #2828105

rafikB

I am trying to: Translate Contact form7

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I can't translate the form label to French.

Instead, I got:

October 18, 2018 at 4:41 pm #2828856

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please elaborate more on the exact words that you want to translate? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

The way to create translations for Contact Form 7 forms is by following the documentation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

Practically you can simply duplicate each of the forms, translate all the content (labels, placeholder text, the messages the form shows on the screen on interaction etc.) and then use each of the unique shortcodes in the translated version of the content that you built.

Please let me know if this solved your issues or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your answer.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 18, 2018 at 5:18 pm #2829016

rafikB

Hi Mihai and thank you for your reply, I know that I can duplicate each form and translate it manually, but the issue is there is contact form for each car and when we want to add a new car we duplicate every thing and we change just the car data, and we have more then 20 cars that's why i'm looking for automatic translation of the contact form.

Thank you.

October 19, 2018 at 1:53 pm #2832274

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I see.

Can you please explain a bit more about the exact fields that you want to translate and the process that is happening?

Is this what you want to translate: "NAME:", "TELEPHONE:", "EMAIL:", "MESSAGE" and the "SUBMIT" button?

As far as I understand, you create a new contact form 7 for each car? If yes, is each form using a different recipient email address?

I would also like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 22, 2018 at 1:54 pm #2838320

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the explanations.

What I was interested in finding out is if the car forms differ in any way from one another because if they don't, you won't really have to create a new form for any new car.

You could simply use 1 form for all the cars on the English version of the site and 1 form for all the cars on the French version of the site. Again: this can be done only if they don't differ from one another.

From what I can see now, I checked the backend of 2 car listings and you are using the same form on both of them ("Hyundai Tucson GL 2006" and "KIA FORTE 2010 EX AVEC BLUETOOTH").

Can you please tell me more about the forms that you want to implement? Are they deferring in any way, for example, do they go do different emails or they all go to the same email? Because if they don't, you would really work extra for the same result and we don't want that.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 22, 2018 at 6:41 pm #2839472

rafikB

Hi Mihai and thank you for your help, yes all the cars use the same contact form, I know the methode to create an English version and the French version but I'm just wondering if there is an automatic methode to translate the English contact form because when I add a new car I have to duplicate an existing car from the listing after that I change the details and finally I translate it in French, with this methode I have also to change the contact form from English to French.

Thank you again.

October 23, 2018 at 5:31 pm #2843694

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Now I see what you mean.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the content that you want to translate (the contact form 7 labels) is HTML-based, there's no automatic option to do that, only by custom coding.

However, I recommend to use this exact process:

Use the same forms that you have created now (one in EN and one in FR) and whenever you translate a car listing, simply switch the form to the French version one from the content builder for each French listing.

For any further custom work, you can contact our 3rd party consultants here
https://wpml.org/contractors/

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 24, 2018 at 2:17 am #2844451

rafikB

Hi Mihai, thank you for your help.

October 24, 2018 at 2:25 am #2844538

rafikB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 24, 2018 at 2:31 am #2844590

rafikB

Hi Mihai, thank you for your help. please can you delete the link of the website in this ticket?

October 24, 2018 at 3:21 pm #2847045

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

All the links in this ticket related to external websites are automatically hidden for your privacy.

You can visit this ticket without being logged in or from an incognito window and you can see that happening.

Can you also please mark this ticket as resolved?

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 24, 2018 at 3:27 pm #2847056

rafikB

Thank you very much Mihai.

October 25, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2849846

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

My pleasure.

Kind regards,