This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by aaronD-12 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 2:57 pm

aaronD-12

I am trying to: address some inconsistencies between the way the Spanish translated content displays as compared to the English and French. I am also having issues with the way that my buttons are displaying. They are not being managed by the Conditional Widget plugin that I use for this site. I was told that this widget is not compatible with WPML and was suggested to try an alternate widget, but the one suggested doesn't work at all. Please see below for more details.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:hidden link This layout in the Spanish language

Instead, I got:hidden link

You can flip from English to French and the layout doesn't change as it does in Spanish.

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL SUPPORT INQUIRY WHICH I SUBMITTED THROUGH ICANLOCALIZE AND THE RESPONSES FROM WPML SUPPORT.
1. Home Page: (hidden link)

A) On the Spanish version the layout is changing from alternating image/content in left to right columns, to all images on left column and all content in right column. Displays correctly in English and French
2.A. The WPML supporter fixed it, this was not properly set in the Spanish page options. (Still isn't correct. Not sure if my efforts to swap plugins messed it up, but it's still incorrect)

B) Headings: Step One, Step Two, and Step Three - are not translating in either Spanish or French
2.B. The "Step" heading is from the theme. It should be translated in WPML > String Translation. They need to search for "Step {#}" and translate the Step part.
(I'VE INITIATED TRANSLATIONS FOR THIS)

C) Button at bottom of page is missing on Spanish and French translations
2.C. Plugin compatibility problem already mentioned in 1.B.
___

3. Across the entire site, none of the Buttons are being translated
This is due to the same plugin compatibility problem already mentioned in 1.B for the widgets.
(I need more help with this. The suggested plugin replacement called widgets-control didn't work at all to manage the Show/Hide ability of the buttons. )

August 1, 2019 at 3:56 pm
August 2, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4330739

aaronD-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!