This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 19, 2018 at 4:42 am #2747230

bertG-2

Hello WPML Team,

I have a multilingual website that is in 6 languages. Is it possible to reflect the changes of 1 page to all the other pages in other languages. For example, if I add a separator or something on one page I want that to be copied on all the other languages pages too. Not one of your feature to clone the whole page as a child page.
hidden link
For Example if we change the color of this Element then in all Child Languages pages ONLY THE COLOR of this element should change not all the content. I want settings like that.
hidden link

Thanks and Regards

September 19, 2018 at 10:30 pm #2750153

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

The content should not be synchronized/overwritten with other languages.

After changing only one color, for example, (or some option in the VC module) depending on how the Visual Composer module is configured, only the color should be changed in other languages - noting that you must access the translation pages and update them (click to edit the translation and then click the "Save & Close" button).

I could not see the difference you're posting, because it looks like you posted the same images, both in the links and in the attachments.

Thank you.

September 24, 2018 at 6:44 am #2759463

bertG-2

Thanks for the reply and yes both the images are same. Now my question is that I want the changes to be reflected on all language pages if I change something(for example color) on one page.

Best Regards

September 24, 2018 at 7:51 am #2759599

bertG-2

What I want is that if I have a content element on one page (german language) then I want to have the exact same element on the other language(for example english) pages too. Without making effort to add it on english page. It should be the exact same copy in all the translated pages.

Looking forward to a quick reply.
Regards

September 25, 2018 at 6:52 am #2762612

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for the explanation. If you are talking about the complete element, for example, of the text, unfortunately, this is not possible.

This is a bit simpler if you are using Translation Editor, where normally if the module is WPML-compliant, only the string is displayed for translation - so you do not need to add the entire block (being able to copy the content to the translation).

If you are using Translation Editor, you can also, search for the desired option under "Multilingual Content Setup" at the bottom of the page, and then select the "Copy" option.

Even so, after editing the content of the block, you will have to access the translation page and click the "Save & Close" button.

If you are using the native WordPress interface to do the translation, you will need to manually insert the blocks.

Please, let me know if you still have any questions. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.