This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3767143

draganK-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Make field contents of all WP Bakery VC and Toolset modules show up for translation when translating a page through WPML Translation Management.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

We have a lot of elements that are not showing up in String Translation or in the Translation Management translation pages. For instance, some of the strings we need:
- The address and phone info in the site header, next to the menu
- "NOS DERNIÈRES PRODUCTIONS" and "Exemple de carte de visite" - both are part of the Instagram module of the builder, the title of the element and the button
- "Nos autres produits" - a title in the builder element
- "Questions fréquentes" - VC element title (FAQ module in the builder)
- A banner over the image in Product Image Gallery ("Promo"), added as an overlay to the product image

As we need to set it up for the translator to be able to do those, is there a way to make as many of them to show up in Translation Management rather than through String Translation?

May 9, 2019 at 8:01 am #3773957

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this.

I might be able to work faster if you provide access to your site and indicate which page has these elements so I can see first-hand what might be the issue.

1. Have you also tried changing your active theme to Twenty Seventeen and deactivating your non-WPML plugins to see if the various elements then appear in the editor (for VC elements)?

2. For toolset, are your strings wrapped in the required shortcode to register them for translation as per this documentation?
https://toolset.com/documentation/translating-sites-built-with-toolset/wpml-string-shortcode/

3. I am opening the private area for access to your site. Please write back with example pages or create them.

May 9, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3776915

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I will need some more informaiton about the various pieces you described:

1. Header contact info
Where is this configured in your site? Please provide a menu path to where you enter this information on the dashboard screen(s).

2. "Nos dernieres.." and "Exemple Carte Visite"
I saw the first string and added the required XML so that this is now showing in the Tranlsaiton Editor. However, I don´t see the "Exemple carte visite" text on homepage. Where is this (please upload screenshot)

3. "Nos autres produits" - from single product view now showing in Tranlsation Editor

4. "Questions fréquentes" - where is this? (screenshot please)

5. A banner over the image in Product Image Gallery ("Promo") - screenshot needed.
Thanks

May 10, 2019 at 8:32 am #3782249

draganK-2

1. This site was developed beforehand by another developer, so I don't know either. I've seen classes referenced for the contact under custom CSS changes for the theme, but I don't know where those are pulled from. I have contacted the site owner to see with the previous developer, so hopefully I'll have that info soon.

Also, I misspoke, as there are also product pages on the site, and all other translations are to be found on those.

2. "Exemple de carte de visite" is the title of the Instagram gallery on the product page.
hidden link
Each product page has its own separate Instagram gallery, so that title changes depending on the product page it is on. Sorry I didn't explain in detail.

3. OK

4. "Questions fréquentes" can also be found on the bottom of most product pages (like the business cards product page from the 2nd point) and is different for every product.

5. Banner text is also on the product page, a couple of pages have it, for instance, it's on the business card page as an image overlay in the top gallery (DELAI 24H).

May 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3786125

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Ok

2, 4 : These are available now. In general, when something does not show up, you should do the following steps
- complete the existing open translation (e.g. if there is anything other than a pencil icon)
- make a small change in the title of the VC element
- save element and update post
- You will see that the circular arrow icon appears indicating update required
- Open Translation Editor - and this will load the custom fields again

5. Banner
Since the content is created via CSS you should read through some of these language-based conditional CSS solutions

One might meet your need
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/use-different-css-styles-on-different-languages/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-set-different-css-for-each-language/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/change-css-per-language/