This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4553737

davidN-51

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there. On one page I created, the page builder content I added on the "English" side has only been copied across to the French page and not to the German page. If I go to the German page, none of the translation fields are avilable.

I am not sure why this is, or how to get WPML to add this content to the German page. I did a week ago switch my main language from German to English and wonder if this is what is causing the issue.

Can you advise?

September 12, 2019 at 7:26 am #4558793

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Is it possible to try the following?

1. First, make sure that the translation job is considered "complete" from the perspective of the original language post. This means that when you look in the Languages sidebar, you see a "pencil" icon and not a "gear" icon beside the DE language.

2. Then, introduce a small change into the original language post in any of the content blocks. Add another period...a paragraph break...a white space..anything. Save the post/page. You should now see an update required icon beside the two langauges.

3. If you now open the DE version - does the Translation Editor offer you any strings to translate?

Thanks for letting me know.

September 12, 2019 at 9:11 am #4559721

davidN-51

Hello Yvette,

I got this problem solved by deleting the page which was in German and creating it again. Thanks!