This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm

gabrielC-33

I am trying to: Translate my courses pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see the page like this, but in english (which I already translated):hidden link

Instead, I got this (note that there are a lot of content missing, even though I have translated it): hidden link

June 13, 2018 at 4:12 pm #2411612

srdjan
Supporter

Hello Gabriel,
from submitted data I cannot see - which theme is in question?
Also which plugin are you using to register courses? Is it Custom Post Types UI?

Make sure that translated course have same template set as original.
If templates are applicable - you can set them in 'Page Attributes > Template' meta box.

Also make sure all required custom fields are set for translated course.

Please let me know if this helps.

June 13, 2018 at 4:55 pm #2411671

gabrielC-33

The theme in question is a customized Eiji. The courses are registered throught ACF. The translated course has, indeed, the same template set as the original course. All the required fields are set for translated course - some with the "copy" setting instead of "translate", such as images and some other informations that will remain the same in all languages.
Also some fixed images (e.g. the website logo) are not being shown.

June 13, 2018 at 5:18 pm #2411733

srdjan
Supporter

Eiji theme is not officially compatible with WPML.
We will invite author to our GoGlobal project.

I cannot access to your site (Erro 403 Acesso negado).
There could be some queries inside template that fails.

Can you please enable access or provide additional data for access?

June 13, 2018 at 5:25 pm
June 14, 2018 at 12:56 pm #2413507

srdjan
Supporter

I cannot access WP admin.

June 14, 2018 at 4:37 pm
June 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2419536

srdjan
Supporter

Hello Gabriel,
I installed locally Duplicator export.
Looks like there are issues with ACF repeater fields like explained here:
https://wpml.org/errata/issue-serialized-acf-fields-set-copy/
Please have a look there for workaround.

June 18, 2018 at 4:35 pm #2419855

gabrielC-33

Hello Srdjan,
After setting all the fields to translate instead of copy, none of them showed up for translation. Do I have to reset something for them to start appearing? Or did I do something wrong?
PS: I deleted all the previous translations and now all the fields do show up. The issue is: all the image fields shows as IDs, so I can't really provide data for these... If I just copy that ID, the issue persists. I wonder if installing WPML Media would help / solve this issue by making media available to all languages.

June 20, 2018 at 7:32 am #2423629

srdjan
Supporter

Hello Gabriel,
please do install WPML Media plugin.
It should help to connect right image IDs.

June 25, 2018 at 4:49 pm #2433447

gabrielC-33

Hello Srdjan,
I have installed WPML Media Plugin and translated nearly all my website's media. Still most of them aren't being shown. I'll send you another duplicator copy of the website so we can have the same versions, but first I need to be able to mark my message as private. How can I do that?

June 26, 2018 at 7:58 am #2434399

srdjan
Supporter

Hello Gabriel,
next reply will be private, please share there,

June 26, 2018 at 4:24 pm
October 4, 2018 at 9:01 am #2786833

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Hello Gabriel,

We are really sorry for this not intentional delay. I'll be assisting your further.

Could you please check if the problem you faced is still there with the most recent version of plugins? Make sure to update WPML, ACF, WordPress and all related to the problem plugins as well as the theme.

The link to your package is expired, if the problem persists after an update has been done, I would need a new link.

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Content not being shown in secondary language page’ is closed to new replies.