Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Translated 'terms and conditions' page for German site(secondary site) and its saved 100%. but its not showing at the front end.

Solution:

-Go to WPML>>Support page -Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page) -In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one. - Clear the cache in WPML - Remove ghost entries from the translation tables - Fix element_type collation - Set language information - Assign translation status to duplicated content - Fix terms count - Fix post type assignment

Clear all caches (e.g. browser, server, plugin)

-edit the page having issues. edit it on the original language. -make a small change on one of the heading text. click 'Update. -undo the small change. click 'Update' -translate the page to secondary languages completely. Save and close.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3322831

hooiC

I am trying to: Translated 'terms and conditions' page for German site(secondary site) and its saved 100%. but its not showing at the front end.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link.

I expected to see: the translated version in German. the title is the same as the translated version but content is still in english.

Instead, I got:

March 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm #3323645

hooiC

Hi, same problem with French terms and conditions. front end showing english version

March 13, 2019 at 8:03 am #3330485

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Have you tried running routines from WPML troubleshooting page? If not, could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

Please also clear all your caches (e.g. browser, server, plugin)

-edit the page having issues. edit it on the original language.
-make a small change on one of the heading text. click 'Update.
-undo the small change. click 'Update'
-translate the page to secondary languages completely. Save and close.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

March 13, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3333275

hooiC

I followed the steps you have suggested and it has worked. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!