This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 7:36 am #1948902

jeppeB

I am trying to find out why some of our subsites with English content points to our Danish URL? And why does Google crawl our site with english content and not also the danish content?

Note: We are a Danish company. Launched a new website about 3 weeks ago. We created the website with Danish content and has used WPML to translate the content to English as well.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I have uploaded a screenshot of the issue. And when i press the link I meet an "Error 404". I guess its quite a big problem in the matter of SEO performing.

Is it a redirect issue or what can I do to improve this issue?

I hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Kristian Sigh
CalcuEasy

May 4, 2018 at 8:46 am #1971530

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Is this happening only on some pages? or is it happening to all pages within the site?

2. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

I´d like to check the configuraiton.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Content points to the wrong URL’ is closed to new replies.