This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The site content is not showing, despite being translated. The site is using Visual Composer to create the pages.

Solution: The client reported that the problem was happening because one of the Visual Composer blocks was not translated. After translating all the blocks the page was displayed correctly.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by anastasiiaG 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 26, 2017 at 8:54 am #1412610

adinaR

I am trying to: translate and siplay a page from English to Danish

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: kubo-robot.com/new

I expected to see: translated pages / content

Instead, I got: nothing 😀

October 26, 2017 at 4:40 pm #1413286

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Are any error messages appearing? What steps are you taking to translate your content?

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

October 26, 2017 at 5:41 pm #1413373

adinaR

Hi Bruno,

sorry for not explaining enough.

So I have partly translated the index page, by using the translation manager (I am attaching the screenshoots). The issue seems to be, that it is blocking all the html / javascript code and only shows CSS styling to each container / block (I am using visual composer).

See the attached image of the code inspection. You can also see it here: hidden link

Let me know if you need more information. 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Adina

October 26, 2017 at 6:19 pm #1413438

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. This seems to be a compatibility issue. How are these HTML / CSS blocks added? Are these options within the text blocks?

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 27, 2017 at 12:02 pm #1414010

adinaR

Hi Bruno,

I have been looking at the site and discovered that it is VC content blocks that break the page.
In this case I am using two - one for footer and one for newsletter signup. Everything else works super fine. 🙂 So can you look into the Content block issue - or should I be contacting the theme support?

Best regards,
Adina

October 27, 2017 at 2:18 pm #1414168

adinaR

Hi again Bruno,

I found the solution - and as it turns out the problem was very silly. The problem was in the Visual Composer content blocks. They broke the pages only because they were not translated. That pretty much solved the issue! So i no longer need the assistance.

Thank you for your replies and support, though. 🙂

Best regards,
Adina

October 27, 2017 at 2:23 pm #1414181

Bruno
Supporter

Hi Adina,

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at your site right now. 🙂

I'm glad you've managed to solve the problem. Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

August 13, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4388955

anastasiiaG

So how did you solve it? how did you translate VC?