This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by solonH 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
April 19, 2017 at 7:01 pm #1257441

solonH

I am trying to: To do as Bernat Torras suggested in my previous ticket "Issues with WPML and WC PDF Vouchers plugin". I updated the WPML plugin yesterday but I still have the same problem. Please assign to Bernat!

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: Still the "how to use" field from WC PDF Vouchers plugin in the English version is not copied to the Greek version of a product. Even if I go to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual and choose a product to manually copy the field from English to Greek and then save, when I go again to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual on that same product the field is empty. Please help me as this is stopping me from launching my website! Thanks.

Steps to duplicate the issue:

April 21, 2017 at 6:39 am #1258664

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Thanks for the update. I've checked it again with development team and I see that a fix has been already added to our development version of WooCommerce Multilingual and it will be included in next 4.1.3 version that hopefully will be released soon (hopefully next week).

If you can wait, we could provide you a temporarily workaround, but as it still needs to be fully tested, I'd suggest you to wait for the official update.

Thanks,
Bernat

April 21, 2017 at 9:38 am #1258833

solonH

Hi Bernat,

OK I will wait for the update. Please leave the ticket open and I will get back to you once the update is out and I have tested.

Thanks

April 21, 2017 at 12:43 pm #1258998

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Sure, no problem. Just remember to update us once you update and try it again.

Thanks,
Bernat.

May 7, 2017 at 5:48 pm #1270118

solonH

Hi Bernat,

I just upgraded to the latest WPML version but the problem persists. Even if I go to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual and choose a product to manually copy the field from English to Greek and then save, when I go again to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual on that same product the field is empty.

Please give me a workaround because I really cannot wait any more. I cannot launch my site because of this!

Thanks.

May 8, 2017 at 12:50 pm #1270722

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

I've marked your next reply as private. Could you please use the form to share your ftp and backend credentials with us in a secure way?

I'd also ask you to install 'Duplicator' plugin and generate a backup of your site. This way, if I see that we need to test your issue deeply I'll download the backup and run all tests on a local replica of your site.

Thanks,
Bernat

May 9, 2017 at 12:41 pm #1271729

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

I've inspected the plugin code and I see that it is using a javascript file to lock these fields. As a quick workaround, could you try to:

1- Add this code to your functions.php:

add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_lock_fields_script', 1 ); 
function remove_lock_fields_script(){
	global $woo_vou_scripts;
	remove_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', array( $woo_vou_scripts, 'woo_vou_load_wpml_lock_fields_js' ) ); 
}

2- Try to translate the product and this field again using WPML Translation Editor

3- Edit the translation in WP default editor and check if this field is enabled and contains the translation. If not, try adding the translation there and save again.

Can you try it and tell us if the field appears not locked and you're able to translate the fields?

Thanks,
Bernat

May 14, 2017 at 9:18 am #1275479

solonH

Thank you very much Bernat! That fixed the problem 🙂