Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 27, 2018 at 11:12 am #2943818

Pieter

In the past there was a page with Contractor Guidelines that was referred to when suggesting people to get in touch with a WPML Contractor to solve their issues.

Since the system was completely overhauled last year that page has been removed, which has resulted in WPML Contractors receiving very poor initial requests.

The original content is still available via the web archive: hidden link
(full disclosure: I am the author of that article)

I'm not sure how helpful it is to bring back the entire article, but I think it would be a good idea to at the very least list the main points

- a clear description of your problem
- Definitely include the URL of the thread(s) if you have opened one on the WPML forums, so we can read the history
- URL of your website
- how you want your languages to show up (different domain per language, different directory per language or language strings)
- which is the default language and what is/are the other language(s) you plan to implement?
- name of the (child)theme you are using, possibly with URL
- other plugins that might be relevant
- your location, preferably with timezone counted from Greenwich Mean Time (for us Europeans EST doesn’t mean anything, really)
- any other details you can think of

Last but not least, you should be prepared to send us login details for an Administrator account (and FTP helps a great deal too). Without those, it is impossible for us to have a look at the backend of your website and without that we unfortunately cannot help you.

Hopefully something like this can be added to the top of the Contractors page, so we will once again receive better quality requests, which in turn saves everyone's time.

Thanks,
Pieter Bos

November 29, 2018 at 7:45 am #2950907

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

Thank you for your suggestions/feedback. I´ve created a work order for our documentation team to review the old article and your main points.

They have all the information from this ticket, so if they need more details, they can contact you directoy through this channel or email.

As this is not necessarily a "technical" bug and we have notified the correct team to take action, I think we can close this ticket on the forum. Please know that it is linked to the internal work ticket, so if you need to ask for updates, you can open a new forum thread and ask for a status update referencing **this** ticket url so the supporter can follow up; https://wpml.org/forums/topic/contractor-guidelines/

Kind regards