This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Set the active language in the language switcher to have this color: (#e2d300) and set the non active language to rgba(255,255,255,0.7).

Solution:

Copy this CSS code snippet to WPML > Languages > Language switcher options > Additional CSS

.wpml-ls-native {
    color: rgba(255,255,255,0.7) !important;
}

.wpml-ls-current-language a span {
    color: #e2d300 !important;
}

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by koenD-10 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 12, 2019 at 6:01 pm #3793497

koenD-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like the active language in the language switcher to have this color: (#e2d300). Also i would like the non active language to be in this color: rgba(255,255,255,0.7). Somehow the control panel for the language switcher is not able to do that . It seems like the behavior of the menu bar takes over.
i'm also not able to make it work with css.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I could not find anything on the forum

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thank you

May 13, 2019 at 8:48 am #3796211

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try to copy this CSS code snippet to WPML > Languages > Language switcher options > Additional CSS

.wpml-ls-native {
    color: rgba(255,255,255,0.7) !important;
}

.wpml-ls-current-language a span {
    color: #e2d300 !important;
}

I am not sure if it will work on your end and may require custom work to make it work seamlessly with your theme. For custom programming work for your site, we recommend contacting one of our certified partners. Custom work is currently not supported in the support forum.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 13, 2019 at 12:01 pm #3797741

koenD-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!