This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 5:54 pm

alexanderW-44

Hi there

I am trying to translate the dfactory cookie notice plugin message and button but am having some trouble.
I tried to view past tickets but they all seemed to be slightly varied in their answers.

I have added the the folloing XML and then translated the string but it doesn't work.

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="cookie_notice_options">
            <key name="message_text"/>
        </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

When I try to add the translations through the basket it doesn't show up iun the queue either.

August 22, 2019 at 8:48 pm #4442841

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I tried to access your website to give a detailed look but the provided access details doesn't seem to be correct. Can you review it please? Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

August 23, 2019 at 6:32 am
August 23, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4449297

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and could notice the issue, it seems to be a theme/plugin compatibility issue. In these cases, these are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

August 23, 2019 at 7:54 pm #4449649

alexanderW-44

Thank you for your help thus far, I have done as you advised and am still getting the same issue, with only the cookie plugin installed and no other external plugins.

Again I added the xml code as suggested and tried both methods to translate the cookie notice:
1. Themes & plugin localisation > cookie notice > find string and select translation > add translations, select translation is complete and select save.
2. Themes & plugin localisation > cookie notice > select translation > add to basket > send to translation basket > send for translation > translation queue (Nothing is here)

I hope we can get this sorted, I only used this plugin as it is supposed to be WPML compatible. 🙁

I look forward toi hearing back from you and holding thumbs you have a solution 🙂

August 26, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4461165

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The cause of your is the wrong worflow to translate the cookie notice message, here is the correct workflow:

1 - Delete the current string registration XML code from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration settings.

2 - Delete the cookie notice registered string from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings.

3 - Resave your custom message from your WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Cookie Notice settings.

4 - Uncheck the option 'Assume that the original language of all strings is English' and save it from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and plugins localization > Localization options settings.

5 - Now, scan the strings of your Cookie Notice plugin from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and plugins localization > Strings in the plugins settings.

6 - Now, your should be able to translate it in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings under the 'Cookie Notice' text domain.

You can find the results of this workflow at:

English: hidden link
Portuguese: hidden link

See: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-cookie-notice-by-dfactory/

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.