This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4067401

steveM-25

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I have translated the string translation for the cookie notice but it is not showing on the live website translations.

June 23, 2019 at 4:05 am #4072565

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

First of all I can see on the provided debug information that the WPML plugins are not up to date.
Go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and click "Search for updates". Afterwards please mark the plugins that are in need of an update and download the content. Make sure to mark the checkbox for activating the plugins after install.

Also make sure that any other plugin and the theme are updated to the latest version.

Then your systems seems not to meet the minimal requierments to run WPML. Could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 256M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means,
with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Please also change the value of "maxInputVars" inside of your php.ini file. You are currently using a value of 1000. I would recommend you to change this setting to at least 3000.
You can find the php.ini file on your server inside the folder for your currently used PHP version.

In case of any doubt please contact your hosting provides and ask for assistance.

The plugin Cookie Notice is not yet on our compatibility list. If the udpates will not solve the issue I might test the plugin on a new installation for further assistance.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=cookie&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 24, 2019 at 11:59 am #4076985

steveM-25

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your response.

I am getting the php settings updated and I have updated the WPML plugins and all other plugins except one (Divi Flipbox Module) which won't update. I am contacting them.

Can you have another look now or do you want to wait for the php settings to be updated?

Thanks,
Ollie

June 24, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4077049

steveM-25

Would it be better if I changed the Cookie Policy plugin?

This one is listed as compatible - GDPR Cookie Consent Banner https://wordpress.org/plugins/uk-cookie-consent/

Thanks,
Ollie

June 24, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4077281

steveM-25

Hello again,

I have changed the cookie plugin to the above 'GDPR Cookie Consent Banner' and the text has translated.

I think we can close down the ticket.

Many thanks for your help.
Ollie

June 24, 2019 at 7:23 pm #4079425

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

Thank you for your messages and my appologies for the dealy on answering.

Indeed, If possible I would advise to stick with plugins that have been tested from our side. If you wish we can open a request for the compatibility team, but switching the plugin would be the more feffective and time saving solution.

If you find a moment, check out our list of top compatible plugins that have been approved to work flawless with WPML.

https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/

Kind regards
Andreas