This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 9, 2017 at 6:59 pm #1426465

johanv-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to get my WooCommerce webshop translated to make it more accessible for foreigners visitors. The cart + checkout pages have been duplicated to all langauges used at this moment. When visiting these 2 pages, they become perfectly translated in all 3 languages.
Whenever i put an item in my cart and i switch languages, the cart becomes empty again.
Even when they place an item from the default shop page (not translatable) and they have clicked a different language than default and after they click "Add to cart" the page redirects them automatically to their langauge (as it should be) only the cart is empty after. This makes it impossible to order anything.

At the back-end I enabled the WPML Cookie + the following option:
- Switching languages when there are items in the cart
- Synchronize cart content when switching languages

Might there be something missing @php.ini or server config?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Looked it up on the forums but couldn't find a solution.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
WPML has been disabled since it became impossible to place orders.

November 10, 2017 at 10:38 am #1426831

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While one of my teammates takes care of your case can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please note that this is a normal behavior if the products in the cart are not translated in the language that you are switching to.

Thank you

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

November 10, 2017 at 11:11 am #1426883

johanv-3

Hi Vincenzo,

Well I don't expect that the items will be translated only they get removed out of their cart when they switch between language while having items in their cart.

November 13, 2017 at 7:17 am #1428485

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for providing the debug information.

I have tried testing this on your live site but i was not able to switch between the languages due to the switcher not being available

What are your results if you translate/duplicate a product or a few products and then add these specific products in the cart and switch between the languages ?

November 13, 2017 at 7:28 am #1428492

johanv-3

Hi bobby,

When I enable WPML now it makes ordering products impossible, since this is a live website every minute is crucial. I could give you the log-in details if you need it?

Greetings,
Johan

November 13, 2017 at 8:17 am #1428531

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

The original issue of the thread is that when you add products in the cart and change languages these products are removed from the cart , correct ?

If this is the problem then these products need to be translated.

Like my colleague has mentioned this is a normal behavior if the products in the cart are not translated in the language that you are switching to.

What are your results when translating the products.

As you mentioned your site is currently live and i would rather not start translating products and testing it on a live enviroment.

Please duplicate/translate a few products and verify that it is working OK when they re translated/duplicated.

If you are still having an issue afterwards we can create a test environment that will not affect your live site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cookie WPML WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.