This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 8, 2018 at 9:12 pm #2040613

ascensionM

I am trying to:
use the 'Copy all fields from original' option in the Translation editor but it does not fill any of the alternative language's fields. I have tried 'empty fields only' and 'all fields' but neither option works. I have seen that this works on some pages and not on others but I do not see why.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Site not live yet. See screenshot.

I expected to see:

The alternative language's fields filling with default content.

Instead, I got:

Nothing. The copy does not work and fields are left blank.

May 9, 2018 at 9:49 pm #2062153

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

This can be a script issue. I've noticed that you are using 64MB of memory. The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server. After incrementing the memory limit, please see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins and see if the problem persists? If the problem is solved, enable the plugins one by one and see if the problem happens again.

Thank you.

May 10, 2018 at 2:53 pm #2075189

ascensionM

Hi Bruno.

Thanks for your help.

I edited the wp-config-php file to increase memory usage to 256MB and retried >> still cannot 'Copy all fields from original'

I deactivated all non-WPML plugins and retired>> still cannot 'Copy all fields from original'

Regards,
Craig.

May 10, 2018 at 10:59 pm #2080356

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Craig,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Copy all fields from original … not populating translation fields’ is closed to new replies.