This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 9:01 pm #3955281

chadH-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- Install and configure two 'sub-sites' with identical WPML configuration/settings from an existing install, without going through the entire setup process manually (because I fail at first step) I can't see language options for AUS, USA and SGP in the WPML configurator dashboard.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
- Can't find any relevant info

Is there a similar example that we can see?
-The site at hidden link is set up to display ENG, AUS, USA and SGP localisation, I've created two, new, single-page sites (urls pasted below) which need to inherit the same AUS, SGP, USA localisations the main site - but I can't find a way of exporting/importing settings. I copied the Languages folder, and the wpl-config files to the theme root (BTW, the two new sites use a different theme), but the settings won't copy over.

What is the link to your site?
- main site
hidden link

sub-sites that need same languages setup:
hidden link
hidden link

Thanks in advance for your help.

June 5, 2019 at 8:39 am #3958235

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

but the settings won't copy over.

Can you tell me if this is what you're asking?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/settings-import-export/#post-2447649

I'm afraid that this option has not been implemented into WPML. The only thing that comes to my mind is to perhaps use plugin such as Duplicator, clone your original website into another domain and start from there by deleting content, plugins, themes, etc. but keeping the WPML configuration intact.

Regards,
Bruno Kos