This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by philippeN-2 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 4:14 pm

philippeN-2

Hi,

My website is in English (main) and French.
I am trying to translate Product pages copying medias added with ACF.
When I upload an image directly in an EN Product edition page, this image is visible in front
and get the same name of the product : /uploads/2019/04/my-product.jpg
When I duplicate the EN Post copying the img field with Multilingual Content Setup, the img is visible in the French Product edition page but not in the French front page, because it tries to load the real image slug name : /uploads/2019/04/img.jpg
In my media page, the image is visible and its URL is /uploads/2019/04/img.jpg, which doesn't display the image in front office.

I hope I'm clear and you could help me without many efforts.

Have a lovely day.

April 18, 2019 at 4:28 pm #3640805

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I still not able to fully understand your issue, can you please, provide me with the detailed steps on how to replicate it in your website? It will help me to understand the real cause of your issue. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

April 23, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3664487

philippeN-2

Hello,

1. I set an image to my ACF img field uploading a media from my computer. This uploaded image get the current post title as its own name.

2. Thanks to Multilingual Content Setup, I set this field in order to copy my main language Post editions (EN) into the secondary language Post (FR).

3. I save the Post and suppose EN data are copied into the FR Post.

4. In my FR Post edition page, the image is displayed and get the real img name as img name.

5. In my EN front-end Post page, the image is displayed. Not in my FR one.

I hope that's clearer.
Thank you for your help.

April 23, 2019 at 8:11 pm #3667341

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am still not able to notice anything wrong in your website. For example I took a detailed look in the product 'WTF!?' from your WordPress Dashboard > Products > All Products listing. I noticed they share the same info and media in both languages, either for the backend and website frontend, as you can see at:

hidden link - Default language
hidden link - Secondary language.

If am still missing any concept here, maybe a more detailed explanation using screenshots would help me to understand your request. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

May 13, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3798365

philippeN-2

Hi,
Sorry for the delay of my response.
Please look at this example : hidden link
Both image fields are into a repeater and are in "copy" mode in the Multilingual Content Setup but only one of them is displayed in the secondary language page.
Thank you a lot in advance.