This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 11:10 am #3806193

horsefieldM

I am trying to:
copy the content of the entry from one language to another (editor's authorization)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the same content in a different language

Instead, I got:
nothing happens and an error is displayed:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Flanguages.php&icl_ajx_action=make_duplicates&post_id=8582&langs=en&_icl_nonce=6f61b4c67c

There has been a problem with your fetch operation: Invalid Request
/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/dist/js/wpml-meta-box/wpml-meta-box.js?ver=4.9.10

additional information:
this error only applies to users who do not have full administrator rights.

May 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3807625

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Since this is a problem that can be seen on the dashboard area, could you give me access to the dashboard area, please? I set the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 15, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3817541

horsefieldM

Hello,
Unfortunately, I can not give access to the site. She has too much personal data and it is too much risk. Can I ask for help in a different way? I can do the operations you ask me to do.

May 16, 2019 at 9:11 am #3823575

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Have you tried to duplicate the page. Just follow these steps:

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Translation Management;
  • here you can see a list of all post types (pages, posts). Select the page that you'd like to copy on the second language;
  • select the Duplicate content option for the secondary language, on the bottom side of the page;
  • press the Duplicate button.

You can find some more details about this option right here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#batch-duplicating. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Copying content to another language’ is closed to new replies.