If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 11:10 am #3806193

horsefieldM

I am trying to:
copy the content of the entry from one language to another (editor's authorization)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the same content in a different language

Instead, I got:
nothing happens and an error is displayed:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms%2Fmenu%2Flanguages.php&icl_ajx_action=make_duplicates&post_id=8582&langs=en&_icl_nonce=6f61b4c67c

There has been a problem with your fetch operation: Invalid Request
/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/dist/js/wpml-meta-box/wpml-meta-box.js?ver=4.9.10

additional information:
this error only applies to users who do not have full administrator rights.

May 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3807625

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Since this is a problem that can be seen on the dashboard area, could you give me access to the dashboard area, please? I set the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 15, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3817541

horsefieldM

Hello,
Unfortunately, I can not give access to the site. She has too much personal data and it is too much risk. Can I ask for help in a different way? I can do the operations you ask me to do.

May 16, 2019 at 9:11 am #3823575

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Have you tried to duplicate the page. Just follow these steps:

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Translation Management;
  • here you can see a list of all post types (pages, posts). Select the page that you'd like to copy on the second language;
  • select the Duplicate content option for the secondary language, on the bottom side of the page;
  • press the Duplicate button.

You can find some more details about this option right here: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#batch-duplicating. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Copying content to another language’ is closed to new replies.