This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 5:56 pm

oskarE-5

Issue #1:

I am trying to:

Translate a Swedish website built with Cornerstone to English, using the classic translation editor.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:

The English page having an identical layout as the Swedish page.

Instead, I got:

Below the menu, text is only in black, not black/green/red.
About section: text aligned center, not left.

Furthermore, and more problematic, when trying to translate the pages "Projects", "References" and "Data", the layout was completely messed up. Eventually, I gave up and wrote the Swedish pages in English and skipped the translation.

Issue #2

In the translation editor, I see a bunch of code instead of just text, in some boxes. This is rather annoying.

The last time I tried to translate a Cornerstone website, WPML was completely incompatible (contrary to what was stated). Now it almost works. Its getting there - but it has been rather expensive so far, given the many hours I have spent trying to get things to work. I hope this time you can help me.

October 4, 2018 at 7:48 pm #2788688

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Cornerstone made some changes and our developers are working to fix the compatibility isues. Please see this for reference: https://wpml.org/errata/cornerstone-shortcodes-arent-rendered-in-the-translated-pages/

As noted in the link above, right now the best solution is to manually update the pages. I realize this is not the most convenient solution, but hopefully in a future release, everything will be compatible again. For now, there remain issues when translating via the translation editor.

I will add this your notes to the internal task so our developers are aware of the issues you are experiencing with the Cornerstone page builder.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cornerstone layout differs on translated page (again)’ is closed to new replies.