Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 30, 2018 at 11:39 am

jeroenV-43

I am trying to:
translate a cornerstone page (x-theme)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
3 translated pages (NL/ENG/FR). all the same, only different languages.

Instead, I got:
The NL (dutch) language is leading and looks normal
The ENG translation misses a slider at the top of the page
The FRENCH translation is completely empty (only 2 images)

When I am in Cornerstone (NL) I click on the FRENCH little flag (bottom-right) I get a complete empty page. On the front end only two images are shown. When I click on the little ENG-falg I get a correct page that I have successfully translated.

The video tutorial on your site is different. pencils and plus-icons are on different locations. Is there an actual tutorial (video or a step-by-step tutorial)?

I am completely new to WPML and purchased the tutorial yesterday. I work with the X-theme and Cornerstone.

So now the tutorials on your site seems to be outdated, can you help me just by telling step by step how to translate a page?

April 2, 2018 at 4:24 pm #1562467

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Is this the tutorial you are following? https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

This should still be the correct way to translate your pages. Another thing to try - please delete the current French translation, then empty the trash so that the translated page is permanently deleted. Then, when you edit the page in the default language, you should see the option to Duplicate the page in your translation box. Check the box to Duplicate the page to French and click Duplicate. Then, click the pencil icon to edit the French translation. Click Translate Independently. Now, is all the content showing up for translation on the French page?

April 3, 2018 at 7:43 am #1562941

jeroenV-43

Thank you. I have been trying for a few hours and red the tutorials but still no success. I have activated the 4 plugins, and selected "use the translation editor". In the video tutorial I see a list of text fields to translate (see screen dump video tutorial). That is what I expect to see in my page as well. However, when I click the "PLUS" icon to edit the translation fields, I only get 2 field: a title field and a field with about 40 short codes. I do not see any text to translate like in the tutorial movie.

April 3, 2018 at 2:34 pm #1563684

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sharing the screenshots. I dug around a bit and found that another user has reported this same issue and our developers are currently working on a solution. I have escalated this ticket to the compatibility team and I will report back here as soon as I have more information.

April 3, 2018 at 7:15 pm #1564029

jeroenV-43

OK, thanks Lauren! But how long will this take (if you guess)? My customer is waiting for the translation of his website. I want to inform him concerning the estimate of the completion.

April 4, 2018 at 1:00 pm #1564817

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately, It's hard to estimate how long this could take. It may depend on how quickly we get a response from the theme authors. I wish I had a better answer and a time frame for you. As soon as I hear anything at all, I will update here.

April 20, 2018 at 7:55 am #1716321

jeroenV-43

Hello, do you already know if WPML works fine now with X-theme and Cornerstone? My customer is waiting for his translation. Is there a temporary work around to get some pages translated? I think I cannot wait for one more week now. I purchased the software and made some agreements with my customer concerning the delivery of the translated website but cannot afford more delay now. Please keep me informed. Thanks.

April 20, 2018 at 7:12 pm #1732427

Lauren
Supporter

I'm afraid it is going to take some time to make the latest version of Cornerstone compatible with WPML due to the changes that the Cornerstone authors made. Our developers are currently working to get caught up with their changes, but it may take a little while. In the meantime, please see the workaround mentioned here - perhaps if you downgrade to an older version you will have an easier time translating the content? https://wpml.org/errata/cornerstone-shortcodes-arent-rendered-in-the-translated-pages/