Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
August 2, 2018 at 9:45 pm

heidiS-4

Translations reverted back to English. There are 2 paragraphs on the homepage which were reverted back to English

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
This is a clone of the original install
hidden link
All translations are now in English, after the Instagram image was removed
Here it still looks correct: hidden link

I expected to see: All translated copy

Instead, I got: Translations reverted back to English

Please set this to private, so I can share with you login credentials and ftp access.

August 3, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2610127

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Heidi,

Credentials are not working for me. Can you please check them?

If you need to send new ones, please edit the previous private reply and let me know with a new public reply. Otherwise, I won't be notified.

Do not post private information in a regular post please, as it will be exposed.

Anyway, I did manage to reproduce the site locally.

I noted that the theme and many plugins (including WPML) are outdated. I strongly suggest you update them. Of course, in a test environment first or with a proper backup in place.

I also noted many errors in the site, not WPML related.

But, regarding the issue. The translation is there, I went to edit the translated page and the translated text where there. But the translation wasn't 100% complete, and after checking all the fields and save, it reverts. And I could never save it 100%, and it didn't take effect in the front end.

This is a bug that is solved in later WPML versions, for this particular version there is a workaround.

This is how I managed to save the translation 100% and it showed on the front end:
-Deactivate Revolution Slider plugin (there was a conflict there, probably related to outdated versions)
-Switch to the X parent theme
-Go to edit the German translation of the home page
-Check all the "Translation completed" checkboxes
-Switch all the WYSIWYG boxes from Visual to Text mode
-Save and close
-Switch back to the child theme
-Check the front end

Can you please try those steps?

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

Let me know your results, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] Cornerstone reverts translations back to English’ is closed to new replies.