This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johanv-3 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 12:01 pm

johanv-3

We're trying to translate multiple products, some of them work and some of them seem to be corrupt.
One of these products is this one:hidden link. When you switch to the German language you see that it is trying to go to hidden link what redirects to the homepage.

The website provided here is a clone of the current live version, with the same issue.
If you want, you can check this in the back-end.

Sadly enough, synchronization of attributes does not help

September 5, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4519017

johanv-3

I've talked to a supporter before, thinking the issue was solved, but it is still here.
Synchronization does not work, re-creating all the products that have this problem is a hugh time consuming project and it may even happen again.
Translation seems to be corrupt.

After synchronization the corrupted translation goes away/removes itself, but when you try to translate again (in German this time) it becomes corrupt again.

September 5, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4519969

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you again for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask your authorization to run some troubleshooting steps in the site in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Also, please confirm you have a backup of the site in case we need to restore it.

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4520301

johanv-3

Sure you can log-in, it's a copy of the live version so you can try things out.

September 5, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4520623

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I updated all outdated plugins and themes and applied some trobleshooting steps in the site. Could you double check and let me know if you still see the issue in the site?

Regards,
Carlos

September 5, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4521049

johanv-3

Hi Carlos,
Still same error, if you go to the product and go to german, you will be forwarded to hidden link what redirects to the homepage instead of the translation.

September 6, 2019 at 8:34 am #4524099

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

I tried to visit the site but I'm getting a 500 Internal Server error. Could you activate the debug mode in the site by following the steps described in this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

And let me know if there is some error message in the debug.log file within wp-content?

Regards,
Carlos

September 8, 2019 at 11:21 am #4531241

johanv-3

@carlos, I got it in debug at the moment. Thank you for looking into it! 🙂

September 9, 2019 at 10:48 am #4536029

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry but I didn't understand your previous message. Could you elaborate more so I can have a better understanding?

Regards,
Carlos

September 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4545263

johanv-3

Well if you translate the product and complete the translation and you try to visit the product, you will end with a link that just redirects to the homepage, like hidden link
This `?product_variation=` in this url makes me think that something is up with the variations.

Things we tried:

Updating everything
Disable plugins
Resync attributes (makes the ?product_variation= go away but as soon as you translate again, the ?product_variation= comes back)

September 10, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4545421

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi
Thank you very much for your message.

Could you tell me if the issue persists with the latest version of WPML plugins?

Regards,
Carlos

September 10, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4545743

johanv-3

@carlos
Yes as i noted in my last reply, everything got updated.
Still the problem exist.

September 10, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4546505

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer.

I created a test product (hidden link) with a variation and the issue is no longer present.

It seems that the cause of this issue is a problem in the entry of the database for this specific product. Could you recreate the product with the issue and let me know if the issue
persists?

Regards,
Carlos

September 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4546621

johanv-3

Hi Carlos,

Yes some products dont have any problem, only multiple of them do.
I did recreate the product a week ago to try to see if it would fix it, but that time the french translation got stuck.. so sometime it works sometime it doesnt.

For us it would be a hugh time consuming project to re-create all the issue products and knowing that this problem will happen again.

September 10, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4547013

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
I understand con concern.

Could you activate the debug mode in the site by following this steps: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Then edit one of the products that have this issue -> Make a small change -> Save the changes and update the translations.

Once the steps above are finished I kindly ask you to share the content of the debug.log file within wp-content folder if it contains errors. This way we might be able to isolate the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Carlos