Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 19, 2017 at 2:36 pm #1376667

Kristof

On hidden link we are trying to display a WooCommerce Currency Switcher.

1. Although there is only 1 available currency in Dutch, there is an ugly dropdown when you hover the currency switcher. If there are no items in the .wcml-cs-submenu, then it should not be visible.

2. We have tried styling the currency switcher from the WPML admin, but even though we set the layout as Horizontal List, we were always stuck with the dropdown layout. Is there a way to create a custom horizontal currency switcher, just like the language switcher?

September 20, 2017 at 1:35 am #1377197

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi, @kristof,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you on this.

I am not sure why the horizontal styling got stuck on your end, but this should work properly without any issues. Could you please disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Further, if you want to create a custom currency switcher you can use the steps provided here in the documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/designing-custom-currency-switchers-using-template-files/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 27, 2017 at 12:53 pm #1384891

Kristof

Ok, I will try that.