This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4144035

sannaP

Hi there,

We use WMPL for our WordPress website and have the Avada theme installed. Everything works just fine, except that I can't figure out how to create a new footer in a second language.

The website is originally in Swedish and I have used WPML to translate all pages into English. But I would need help regarding how to create an English footer, right now the Swedish footer shows on both language versions.

Appreciate your help on this!

Thanks,
Sanna

July 4, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4145241

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I see your footer is built using widgets. Could you please follow below doc for widget translation
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/
If still issue persists:
=== Please backup your database and website ===

1. You are using an older version of WordPress on your site, please backup your site and update WordPress to it’s latest version 5.2.2.

2. I have noticed that you are using an older version ( 5.8.2 ) of Avada theme and latest version of Avada theme is 5.9.1, please update the theme for better performance and stability.
hidden link

3. Please delete all sort of caches on your site / server cache / plugin cache (WP Super Cache) / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then check the page. I would suggest to disable WP Super Cache plugin temporary.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Create new footer in second language’ is closed to new replies.