Due to the large volume of support requests, at the moment there is a waiting time of more than 24 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We do not have any recurring unknown issues so we encourage you to please search the forum for other support topics that might be helpful and to review our documentation and look at our errata page for known issues. We are all working hard to go back to the normal, a supporter will respond to you as soon as possible.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
September 13, 2016 at 3:24 pm #1077841

wouterK-3

I am trying to:
Create translated posts through the WordPress REST API (v2). There has been a couple of other posts about this, such as https://wpml.org/forums/topic/inserting-translated-posts-post-metas-and-taxonomies-programmatically/, but I've not been able to find a satisfying answer.

I'm POSTing to mysite/wp-json/wp/v2/posts to create new posts and then I want to make a new request to add a translation of that post (or in the same request, if that's possible). Is this something which simply isn't supported? If so, does anyone know a plugin which does this?

September 14, 2016 at 9:54 am #1079122

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

We don't support WP REST API yet.

I noticed these plugins:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpml-to-wp-api/
hidden link

None of them is updated 🙁

And none of them is supported nor endorsed by our company.

WP REST API compatibility is on our roadmap, but I can't provide an estimate of when it will happen.

Kind Regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] Create translation through REST API’ is closed to new replies.