This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|September 26, 2018 at 3:23 pm|
Whenever I try to add a page (or post), I get a 500 server error. This happens right after clicking "New page" or "New post". It also happens when trying to translate a page.
I have found some info in the Debug Log:
[26-Sep-2018 07:26:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Argument ID must be numeric and greater than 0.' in /home/thesinai/domains/starofasalah.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/translations/class-wpml-translation-element.php:28
|September 27, 2018 at 9:10 pm #2771802|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)
is this happening when you are trying to add a new post ?
please verify with me that if you go to Apperance->Menu all your menus that are translated have translations added and are not "empty"
i suggest to make sure that all assigned menus are translated correctly
additionally try the following and let me know your results
1. Please go to WPML => Support , and click on "Troubleshooting" while in the Troubleshooting page please perform the actions. (specifically "set language information" but i recommend performing all of them"
if the above steps do not work proceed with #2
2. Remove all WPML plugins and manually install them using fresh versions
to do a manual update please follow these steps:
1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. As a 3rd step please download WPML Media and activate it , make sure to run the configuration for it
please let me know if the issue remains and your results.
if the issue is resolved if possible let me know which step from above helped.
The topic ‘[Closed] Creating a new post/page results in 500 server error’ is closed to new replies.