Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Fundación 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
December 4, 2015 at 12:35 pm #761469

Fundación

Hi,

This topic is marked as resolved, but I believe the solution with sitemaps and WPML is not clear yet.

I am finishing another multilingual site, and today I want to create the sitemaps.

I am working as usual with subdirectories:

domain.com (ES)
domain.com/fr (FR)
domain.com/eu (EUS)

If I use Google xml sitemaps plugin, it would create a sitemap with all the pages in different languages on the same sitemap ( I don´t know if this is a good solution, specially If I want to send different sitemaps per language on webmaster tools)

If I use Yoast SEO with the snippet on functions.php, It would create different sitemaps per language but with an error on the sitemap index.

Which is the best solution (plugin) to create the sitemaps when working with WPML and subdirectories structure?

I believe there should be a guide or tutorial explaining how to work with WPML and sitemaps, as this is a common issue most users will have to deal with.

Thanks in advance,
Victor