Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 14, 2021 at 7:48 am #8763263

hannal-4

I had that situation happening already this spring. After weeks WPML helped however, it comes back again with new events that I have added.

May 14, 2021 at 2:39 pm #8766661

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

We'd need to know what error exactly do you have. Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

May 14, 2021 at 9:54 pm #8768517

hannal-4

Hi, thanks for answer - I am not a programmer and don't know how to do it :-/

May 15, 2021 at 1:10 pm #8770799

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

I'm sorry, but we cannot possibly help you without more information. What we are requiring is not programming, just basic site management. You may try to ask your hosting for help.

May 15, 2021 at 2:10 pm #8770887

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello,

Just to make this clear, we really want to help you but we need you to work with us so we can help you get to the bottom of this problem.

In the link that my colleague shared with you, you'll find step-by-step instructions that are meant to non-programmers. Please try it out and if you still can't do it in your own, please ask your hosting support if they can help you out with this.

Once added, try to see if the site breaks again and if it does, use your hosting's file manager to get the file called "debug.log" found in the wp-content directory.

Please try it out so we can move forward and help you get your site rid of errors.

Regards.

May 17, 2021 at 6:20 pm #8783515

hannal-4

Ok, managed! Pls let me know if that is enough 🙂

[17-May-2021 11:25:16 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:25:17 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:26:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:26:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:26:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:26:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:26:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:26:27 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:26:27 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:26:27 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:26:28 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:26:29 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:26:29 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:26:29 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:28:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:28:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:28:04 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:28:04 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:28:04 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:28:05 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:28:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:28:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:28:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:28:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:28:22 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:28:23 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111
[17-May-2021 11:28:24 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/essential-grid.php on line 101
[17-May-2021 11:28:24 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258
[17-May-2021 11:28:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/users/hannalubek/public_html/YesheTest/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 111

May 18, 2021 at 1:50 pm #8791479

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello, the debug.log there only contains problems with Essential grid and Revslider (they are using old code that doesn't work anymore).

However in order to see the real problem, can you please try to disable essential grid and rev slider and try to recreate the critical error while adding a translation for an event (as mentioned at the beginning of the ticket) and then send me the last error that appears about WPML (if one appears)?

If the problem is not happening when you disable Essential Grid and Rev Slider then it could be caused by one of these plugins and i suggest you talk to the authors about ficing the errors you sent above, so we can test again.

May 18, 2021 at 2:42 pm #8792177

hannal-4

Well, last time the problem was happening the WPML support did the whole job of testing plugins etc. Why it can't happen in the same way? In spite how it seems from your side, your requests are complicated for me.

May 18, 2021 at 3:00 pm #8792417

Alejandro
Supporter

I can totally help there, it's not that i don't want to, is that in order to fully test this i need to run some tests that could require plugin deactivations, etc and some plugins and themes end up deleting the content when we deactivate them and it's impossible for us to know that beforehand.

I can still do this for you if i have:

- Confirmation from you that i can disable and enable theme and plugin
- You have backed your site up before giving me access
- You can give me FTP Access (you can ask this to your hosting if you don't know what it is)
- Instructions on how to recreate the problem

That way i can try to run the tests myself although it will take a bit longer than if you do it (because we need to take care to many other clients as well).

But i can of course help out there 🙂

If you can provide what i mentioned above, then you can add the credentials (FTP and WordPress access) in the fields i have activated in your next answer).

May 21, 2021 at 7:44 am #8815349

hannal-4

Hi, I am making "some order" between all the plugins so it is less messy and therefore easier for you to work later I hope 🙂 So pls give me some days 🙂

May 22, 2021 at 9:24 am #8824019

Alejandro
Supporter

Take your time and let me know, don't worry.

just pelase remember to give me a reference event that i can modify or try to translate and allow me FTP access as well as WordPress access.

May 29, 2021 at 2:03 pm #8873477

hannal-4

Hi, please keep it for 1 week more, the website will be revised next week.

May 29, 2021 at 3:47 pm #8873629

Alejandro
Supporter

Sure, no problem.

The topic ‘[Closed] Critical error after trying to add a translation for an event’ is closed to new replies.